Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Introducing Project 1999: Green (/forums/showthread.php?t=333743)

Rick Sanchez 09-15-2019 03:43 PM

Wipe blue and red and have three fresh servers! lol ok at least red =P

Samaritan 09-15-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 2960116)

Character Names
You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue. We may also bring the server up early to allow character creations ahead of time. We will try to announce this as much in advance as we can.

What about if we're coming from Red and had the name on Red before the person copied it on Blue?

Demoraliser 09-15-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaritan (Post 2961414)
What about if we're coming from Red and had the name on Red before the person copied it on Blue?

Dollars to donuts you're out of luck. Zero mention of red in OP. It's literally non existent.

A1rh3ad 09-15-2019 06:50 PM

Thankyou project1999 this is not meant as disrespect

Thank you for providing such a great service. This is not meant in any way to express that I am not thankful. May we please have custom UIs? I do not like the default ones and I feel that since they arent truly classic we should be able to change them. I do not need a pet window or extra hot buttons. I actually play without them. I just do not like the look.

Gustoo 09-15-2019 07:31 PM

Ooooooo that beta time!

Looking forward to the red revamp / discord / anything to stir that pot! Much love staff

Don't forget to disable duck to cancel spell casting till appropriate time line!

Maybe dump red to blue and wipe it and launch classic only permadeath?

Gustoo 09-15-2019 07:35 PM

I agree with comment about closing wiki. True classic paiiin

Zeboim 09-15-2019 07:40 PM

Someone would just rehost it elsewhere anyways.

What I'm curious about is if the auction tracker is going to be modified to follow both Green and Blue, and if things like Rubicite will be edited back to their original status.

A1rh3ad 09-15-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeboim (Post 2961522)
Someone would just rehost it elsewhere anyways.

What I'm curious about is if the auction tracker is going to be modified to follow both Green and Blue, and if things like Rubicite will be edited back to their original status.

Good thinking. I didn't even think of that.

stewe 09-15-2019 09:52 PM

So they are opening a green server with all the nerf and removed items (nerf and removed for good reason) then after that green server has reached the end they are gonna let them flood blue with things like manastones, oh joy. Again, there is a reason these items were removed or nerfed in the first place

Old_PVP 09-15-2019 10:45 PM

In all seriousness, how can there be such blatant disregard for an entire server? I know most people don't like EverQuest PVP cause they are bluebie carebears, and that's fine. However there would have been and could still be a decent population on Red if the devs showed the slightest interest in reviving it. Obviously someone on staff cared enough about PVP to launch Red 99 in the first place. The amount of interest expressed towards a TEAMS server proves that EQ PVP can be enjoyable for most people in the correct environment / ruleset. I wonder, was Teams PVP even discussed internally between staff as an option, or was Green PVE always the end game? Can you all seriously be that bland that you want another PVE server after 10 years of a PVE server? Fuck's sake...

If you insist on kicking Red in the nuts yet again though, at least let us transfer toons with manastones from Green to Red so we can infuse Red with some Legacy shit too.