Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Most fun lateral thinking or unusual XP methods (/forums/showthread.php?t=330966)

Wallicker 08-14-2019 07:19 PM

Someone in ALS told me one the other day I didn’t know...if you are going to fight a SK mob wait til it’s casting and engage it then, it will use its HT but it won’t work since it’s already casting a spell

Benanov 08-15-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 2947603)
Someone in ALS told me one the other day I didn’t know...if you are going to fight a SK mob wait til it’s casting and engage it then, it will use its HT but it won’t work since it’s already casting a spell

I would suspect they'd just fire it off later.

If you've got a disposable pet (SHD for sure, which is how this trick gets is name), you can always use the "bone shield" trick. Best place to test it out is against Prince Ragnar in the Warrens.

Pull with low aggro at a distance (siphon strength or a bow / javelin), wait a few seconds, then send in your taunting pet. If it suddenly evaporates: congratulations, Jibober did his best Ranger impression.

Your goal is to do this without pulling any of the green trash in the Prince's court.

Harder to do against the King.

Wallicker 08-15-2019 10:09 PM

It wasn’t theory craft, it’s proven. If a sk mob is mid cast and you get within melee range his HT will be effectively wasted and no he won’t cast it on you later unless you fight him for an hour. This trick is amazing for non pet classes soloing a sk or people who don’t have HeBs or stalking probes on them.

Wendak 08-16-2019 06:41 AM

I didn’t read the whole thread so hopefully this isn’t a repeat. On the launch of Blue my friend and I both decided to play Shaman. It was a bit awkward of a duo at times since we didn’t cover each others weaknesses.

From level 34-42 or so we decided to do Hill Giants in Rathe Mtns. They dealt too much damage to slow tank them as we would be healing too much. And root rotting was annoying with root breaks. We came up with a method to balance our aggro by using flash of light.

One would pull with disease DoT and the second shaman would hit it with poison DoT. We send both pets in with taint off. We would be spaced really far apart. One person would sit and get aggro, the second person would stand. When the hill giant got close to the sitting person, they would stand and the opposite shaman would sit. The hill giant would ping pong back and forth between us while alternating who was sitting. In order to maintain aggro we would have to use flash of light to build aggro.

It was honestly a blast.

loramin 08-16-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendak (Post 2948239)
I didn’t read the whole thread so hopefully this isn’t a repeat. On the launch of Blue my friend and I both decided to play Shaman. It was a bit awkward of a duo at times since we didn’t cover each others weaknesses.

From level 34-42 or so we decided to do Hill Giants in Rathe Mtns. They dealt too much damage to slow tank them as we would be healing too much. And root rotting was annoying with root breaks. We came up with a method to balance our aggro by using flash of light.

One would pull with disease DoT and the second shaman would hit it with poison DoT. We send both pets in with taint off. We would be spaced really far apart. One person would sit and get aggro, the second person would stand. When the hill giant got close to the sitting person, they would stand and the opposite shaman would sit. The hill giant would ping pong back and forth between us while alternating who was sitting. In order to maintain aggro we would have to use flash of light to build aggro.

It was honestly a blast.

I've used to Flash of Light to serve as a tank in Seb Crypt groups (as a Shaman). It's really the Shaman taunt button, and it's just too bad we just don't have many excuses to use it.

Jibartik 08-16-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 2948121)
It wasn’t theory craft, it’s proven. If a sk mob is mid cast and you get within melee range his HT will be effectively wasted and no he won’t cast it on you later unless you fight him for an hour. This trick is amazing for non pet classes soloing a sk or people who don’t have HeBs or stalking probes on them.

COOOL I did not know this I love this type of stuff. I don't feel like it's an exploit, well I don't feel its a game breaking one, so its one of those, secrets of the universe that you can uncover with time played.

Like discovering quantum entanglement. You don't know why the spells in this universe work this way, but you did uncover something that you can turn into a computer, or a strategy to win.

This is what I love about EQ :cool:

Wendak 08-16-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2948291)
I've used to Flash of Light to serve as a tank in Seb Crypt groups (as a Shaman). It's really the Shaman taunt button, and it's just too bad we just don't have many excuses to use it.

Haha. I MT’d an exp group in Seb once just using root+torpor. Fun stuff.

Wallicker 08-16-2019 08:18 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Insidious_Fever
Shaman aggro spell
1 second cast time yum

loramin 08-16-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 2948502)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Insidious_Fever
Shaman aggro spell
1 second cast time yum

:) That's my pull spell, for the very rare occasions where I'm racing someone to a mob (eg. the old Seafuries).

Tethler 08-27-2019 06:16 AM

It's far from a secret, but bards spamming single target mez on mobs to interrupt spellcasters. It's really satisfying against wizard, cleric, and shaman mobs.