Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Beta Patch 20191014 (/forums/showthread.php?t=336372)

Danth 10-15-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 2985251)
...the previous download was compatible with both servers as have been the majority of past P99 'betas' and the original post did not indicate a separate install was necessary.

As an addendum, by switching a couple of files (i switched spelldata and the .dll) from 50d and 50f around I can use the updated lighting on either server which is as it should be since the updated lighting should be on 'blue' anyway (and hopefully it will be, once the kinks are worked out). Bit of a hassle to switch the files back-and-forth depending which server I want to play on, but IMO less of a hassle than maintaining two wholly separate installs.

Danth

Tichotraxs1 10-15-2019 03:07 AM

are hybrid classes gonna take the exp penalty?? like pallys 40%?

snflanigan 10-15-2019 03:37 AM

I downloaded the patch and installed it and now I can't login. I get this error when trying to log into blue: "One or more of your Everquest Files are not the correct Titanium version for Project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red are replaced with correct versions. spells_us.txt (731221104)

snflanigan 10-15-2019 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snflanigan (Post 2985422)
I downloaded the patch and installed it and now I can't login. I get this error when trying to log into blue: "One or more of your Everquest Files are not the correct Titanium version for Project 1999. You will not be able to play until the files listed in red are replaced with correct versions. spells_us.txt (731221104)

I fixed it. I grabbed that file from the 50d patch files and it's working now.

Tecmos Deception 10-15-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tichotraxs1 (Post 2985410)
are hybrid classes gonna take the exp penalty?? like pallys 40%?

Of course.

skorge 10-15-2019 06:26 AM

Just downloaded and started playing. Started in Oggok, it was fine. When I zoned into Ferrott, it appeared brighter, but then when i opened options it went back to being darker again.

Secondly, as soon as I zoned into Ferrott, the world was not as green anymore, it was desaturated (the ground appeared and looked as if you were walking on the moon...gray).

I will keep playing to test.

https://joelrozier.com/wp-content/up...10/ferrott.jpg

Update. Innothule Swamp appears the same...very grayed out in appearance for me. No greenish colors popping out. Not sure if it's just me or what.

Update 2: I found the issue. If there is not a light source near the textures, they all appear to be desaturated or grayed out in color. I am attaching an image that shows this. You can see the colors on the ground with light source near it.

https://joelrozier.com/wp-content/up.../innothule.jpg

soronil 10-15-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skorge (Post 2985488)
Just downloaded and started playing. Started in Oggok, it was fine. When I zoned into Ferrott, it appeared brighter, but then when i opened options it went back to being darker again.

Secondly,
Update.
Update 2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 2985034)
full overhaul to Nighttime Darkness
For more information, feedback, and bug reporting, please see this thread.

Gustoo 10-15-2019 10:08 AM

Excellent changes. I look forward to not being able to look forward.

I made human ranger on green to test important cool elements like this. Looking forward to getting that elite greater light stone.

Even as an elf and halfling I remember greater lightstones being definitely worthwhile when cruising in night time.

Best game just got better. Nice work gang.

uygi 10-15-2019 01:54 PM

Don’t forget that that light source would make your corpse glow, sometimes making it easier to find!

derpcake2 10-15-2019 02:15 PM

Can't wait to sell lightstones at T1, starting sales at midnight.