Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity with Illusion? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364845)

Worry 08-04-2020 10:43 AM

Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity with Illusion?

I've scoured the forums and asked several people in game and can't really get a conclusive answer.. anyone know if illusions like wolf or Skelly or bear affects the Frontal Stun Immunity ogre racial?

xdrcfrx 08-04-2020 11:13 AM

I believe that bear from removes the frontal stun immunity. not sure about other illusions, but I would suspect they do as well.

DeathsSilkyMist 08-04-2020 12:13 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgFcImQ9XU

Bear form does not remove frontal stun immunity, but it does disable Slam. Not sure about Skele illusion, never owned an AoN.

EDIT: This video isn't some kind of weird RNG exception either, I have easily fought Hechaeva 20+ times in bear form without getting stunned while facing her.

LazyHydras 08-04-2020 12:37 PM

Is this why Enchanters use ogre illusion? for frontal stun immunity? Never played an enchanter, myself, so I don't get how the forms help except that gnome illusion lets you wall-look and troll illusion gives you an extra 1 hp/tick.

Worry 08-04-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3165061)

Bear form does not remove frontal stun immunity, but it does disable Slam. Not sure about Skele illusion, never owned an AoN.

EDIT: This video isn't some kind of weird RNG exception either, I have easily fought Hechaeva 20+ times in bear form without getting stunned while facing her.

Nice, video evidence too. I suspect the illusions should work the same.. not sure why one would remove and another wouldn't .

DeathsSilkyMist 08-04-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyHydras (Post 3165081)
Is this why Enchanters use ogre illusion? for frontal stun immunity? Never played an enchanter, myself, so I don't get how the forms help except that gnome illusion lets you wall-look and troll illusion gives you an extra 1 hp/tick.

I do not believe Ogre Illusion gives you FSI. The wiki page doesn't say so either. I can try it on my Enchanter later to confirm. Usually Enchanters use Troll Illusion for the +1 HP/Tick.

EDIT: The main reasons why you use illusions that do not give you stat buffs is for fashion, shrink, night vision, or for adjusting faction. If you are in Oggok (Ogre City), you should use Ogre form so you get a boost to your ogre faction. That plus the Alliance line of spells should give you a nice increase to your faction.

DeathsSilkyMist 08-04-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worry (Post 3165082)
Nice, video evidence too. I suspect the illusions should work the same.. not sure why one would remove and another wouldn't .

Yeah I agree, I do not believe any illusions affect FSI. Usually they just affect slam.

xdrcfrx 08-04-2020 01:26 PM

I stand corrected. I was def thinking of slam, not FSI.

Crede 08-04-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3165061)

I believe DE illusion on an Ogre retains FSI, so I would expect that skeleton Illusion does as well. Could test with either an AoN or shroud of undeath spell.

EDIT: Just asked an ogre SK, skeleton illusion does not retain FSI.

DeathsSilkyMist 08-04-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3165226)
I believe DE illusion on an Ogre retains FSI, so I would expect that skeleton Illusion does as well. Could test with either an AoN or shroud of undeath spell.

EDIT: Just asked an ogre SK, skeleton illusion does not retain FSI.

Ah, that is good to know! I've only tested this with Bear Form, and I can confirm FSI still works in Bear Form. You only lose Slam. This is probably because Bear Form is exclusive to Shamans anyway, so the developers anticipated the exception.

I've never owned an AoN, and thus I've only been in Skeleton Form a handful of times on my Shaman. My Shadowknight is a Troll, so I can't test it there. I don't have a guise either, so I have no idea about the Dark Elf Illusion.