Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warrior Guide/Tips Reference? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334701)

Cyph 09-26-2019 12:26 AM

Warrior Guide/Tips Reference?

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed many times before, but is there a n00b P99 warrior guide that someone could provide reference to? I've started playing a warrior but am sure there are tips that would be helpful. For example, I heard something in game about a bind wound macro?

I've looked at some of the guides on the wiki.

Nagoya 09-26-2019 12:49 AM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...bat+bind+wound

it's called "combat bind wound" - it is a way to use Bind Wound while fighting, and is one of the most valuable skill to learn to solo a warrior.

if you have looked at the wiki, and considering your sig you are not a noob at EQ in general, I'd say your next best bet is just this here, the "Tank" section of the forum. It's not all conveniently in one place, but use the search function and read at will; you will probably learn a thing or two :)

Cyph 09-26-2019 12:59 AM

Thanks Nagoya, I appreciate it.

Haha, not a noob I guess but I've been away for quite some time and am fairly rusty. One doesn't realize how much there is in EQ until you're away from it for a while, lots to forget but it does come back quickly.

Baler 09-26-2019 08:55 PM

get weapons that proc agro asap

don't try to be a dps king, be an agro king.

YendorLootmonkey 09-26-2019 09:01 PM

Swing at teh monsters until you drop, plus some other small nuances.

Solist 09-27-2019 10:30 AM

Be a DPS king.
Exclusively duo/trio.

Snaggles 09-27-2019 11:23 AM

Dps is always good in small groups. In big groups it really depends on level. A WESS procs at level 1 but at that level a Jade Mace is godmode.

Cyph 09-27-2019 08:47 PM

Currently at 26, Unrest is amazing. I'm looking at shields, are there any that could be recommended? The Clay Guardian Shield seems cheap and pretty decent.

Soothsayer 09-27-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyph (Post 2970477)
Currently at 26, Unrest is amazing. I'm looking at shields, are there any that could be recommended? The Clay Guardian Shield seems cheap and pretty decent.

Shields are of very little use to a warrior. You might potentially take slightly less damage if you're pulling with a shield and then hotswapping to a dual wield / 2H loadout once you're back with your group, but that's unnecessary and insanely tedious. You generally want to be dual wielding or using a strong two-handed weapon because you'll be doing substantially more damage, which in turn makes enemies fall over faster and thus decreases the amount of time that they're hitting you (and makes leveling faster to boot).

Your groups will LOVE you if you're using something really good, like a Forged / Exquisite velium two-hander, until dual wielding starts to become the better option around level 40. You'll be doing most of the damage in your groups in most cases, and your casters will basically just sit there and do nothing while soaking up XP 95% of the time.

Snaggles 09-27-2019 10:54 PM

The only thing you might carry a shield for if a medium/small race swapping for bashing spells. Biggies can slam and 55+ your kick can interrupt spells.