Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   So how many of you will really go to green? (/forums/showthread.php?t=333959)

Budder 09-16-2019 09:13 AM

So how many of you will really go to green?

So how many people will go to green? I mean all the time invested in your toons here on blue getting the Uber gear from raids and the hundreds of hours you’ve put into it.

And how about the more casual players like myself that have yet to hit level 40 or 50? Are you willing to give up your 37 warrior with twinked armor and weapons that your guildies gave to you to start over with rusty weapons and cloth/leather armor?

I think the devs who are working hard on green are doing an incredible job and I WILL donate via PayPal (I have already done it once or twice) to help with everything but I don’t see myself over on green much if at all. I hope blue keeps a decent population because I love it there.

Just my 2 coppers worth, what say you?

honeybee12874 09-16-2019 10:14 AM

I am in the same boat as you, I only started on P99 about a year ago and my main toon is only Level 54 :) I intend to stay on Blue so that I can continue playing her and get her to Level 60! I also have my 2 alts which are still below 30, and yet both still have enough time invested that I don't want to start from scratch with them either. So... in short, there is still a LOT that I need to do on Blue with my characters.

That said, I TOTALLY understand why a lot of people are so excited about Green, especially people who already have multiple Level 60 characters on Blue.

I might still make a character on Green just so I can see what things are like in the pre-Kunark era (I never played on Live, and as I said, I started in P99 during Velious era) but I don't plan on playing a character on Green seriously. Because I still have so much to do on Blue...

And yeah, I hope Blue stays decently populated as well because it is a great community and I've really enjoyed my time so far! :)

Demoraliser 09-16-2019 10:17 AM

Playing Blue & Green at the same damn time, at the same damn time, at the same damn time, at the same damn time, at the same damn time.

Red eyes no visine, I'm loc'd out on the evercrack.

Legidias 09-16-2019 10:20 AM

Park 60's in raid locations, play green instead of BiS'ing your 5th alt

zodium 09-16-2019 10:39 AM

not me op, blue is a good game in its own right and if I did somehow got tired of playing Gatmanno I don't see myself having any more fun farming guises or bum rushing Nagafen with 120 level 50s or what have you

Halfcell 09-16-2019 10:59 AM

Been playing on Blue for almost 5 years and always been mad that I didn't get in on it at the beginning. I wont make that mistake a second time. All in on green.

Starting over doesn't scare me. Done it on numerous live servers, progression servers, and on P99. Nothing more classic than starting with nothing.

Budder 09-16-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcell (Post 2961776)
Been playing on Blue for almost 5 years and always been mad that I didn't get in on it at the beginning. I wont make that mistake a second time. All in on green.

Starting over doesn't scare me. Done it on numerous live servers, progression servers, and on P99. Nothing more classic than starting with nothing.

I’m not scared and I agree with you %100 about it being classic, my deal is just time. I’m lucky to get a few hours in during the week. I’d LOVE to be able to dedicate hours every day but it’s just not possible. I’ll make a toon or two just to see it again but will stick with Blue.

xCry0x 09-16-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budder (Post 2961730)
So how many people will go to green? I mean all the time invested in your toons here on blue getting the Uber gear from raids and the hundreds of hours you’ve put into it.

For the same reason anyone gives up one game and moves to the next.

I played blue. I got to 60. I did the kunark raid scene. I quit. I came back, did the velious raid scene. Quit again.

Green presents a forced reset - no twinks, no crowded raid scene with 5 million alts. No insanely inflated economy. Makes it a "uniquely" new experience.

If I was still leveling to 60, I agree, I'd probably not want to drop my "unfinished" character and start over.

My only dilemma this time around is do I play a class that fits my lifestyle (Druid/Necro -- something that can solo). Or a class that fits what I enjoy most, which is the social element of leveling, but will get stuck in the horrible EQ experience of spending your entire night LFG and accomplishing absolutely nothing on a day-day basis because you cannot find a group.

El-Hefe 09-16-2019 11:14 AM

Of course I’m playing green. Blue is fine and all, but with the amount of free/cheap gear floating around it is more of a PL/Twink server and less of a classic experience.

loramin 09-16-2019 11:20 AM

I strongly suspect most people will try Green. I also strongly suspect that many of the people who do think they're going to stick with Green, but won't, because they'll realize how much better of a game Blue is.

A fresh economy sounds great, but when you're running around with a rusty tin pot on your head and a branch you found on the ground, with an ugly UI that doesn't tell you your pet health or exact mana or XP ... not to mention the fact that Green is going to just be a mess for the first couple months ... I really think a lot of the "I'm going Green" camp is going to come back to Blue.

So to me the really interesting question isn't "how many are going to try Green?", it's how many are going to stick with it past the first couple months. I really think the "better game" is going to win over "more classic" game for a lot of people (and again, a lot of the people that think they want a more classic game).