Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Camping In Sebilis Crypt (/forums/showthread.php?t=286761)

loramin 12-12-2017 11:46 PM

Camping In Sebilis Crypt

I've /camped while inside the crypt (in Sebilis) several times now. Some of the times when I log back in I'm back at the entrance to Seb, but other times I login to the crypt as expected. Does anyone know how exactly that "move to zone-in when you camp" logic works? I'm particularly curious why it only happens sometimes.

Also does anyone know why this happens? It doesn't seem classic, but maybe my memory just sucks.

fastboy21 12-12-2017 11:46 PM

Are you camping in a wall?

loramin 12-12-2017 11:47 PM

No, but in a corner with shrunken bear form, so maybe that's it?

Moerne 12-13-2017 03:19 AM

It might actually be kinda classic. I remember a trick we used to use on live to cross SG where you'd camp in the corner right across from the zone in, log back in, do it again, and when you logged back in the second time you'd be on the other side of the zone. Called it ghetto succoring. Total exploit probably, but it was standard practice at the time.

Daloon 12-13-2017 03:54 AM

Camping inside/next to a wall moves you to zone in, thas about it.

Kesselring 12-13-2017 04:08 AM

If ur shrunk and next to a wall or corner u may pop to zone in like when your shrunk and use an eye of zomm it pops to zoneline.

applesauce25r624 12-13-2017 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moerne (Post 2622715)
It might actually be kinda classic. I remember a trick we used to use on live to cross SG where you'd camp in the corner right across from the zone in, log back in, do it again, and when you logged back in the second time you'd be on the other side of the zone. Called it ghetto succoring. Total exploit probably, but it was standard practice at the time.

that shit is so classic it makes me sick

commongood 12-13-2017 08:42 AM

Just to corroborate, the same thing happened to me - as bear form and shrunk. Can likely be avoided by not camping up against a wall / corner

Lulz~Sect 12-13-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moerne (Post 2622715)

I never crossed SG as intended in live due to this

Classic AF

fadetree 12-13-2017 09:56 AM

When you log back in, you are no longer in bear form and shrunk, but your centerpoint does not change, so you wind up with parts inside the wall. The client then beams you back to zonein/safe spot/0.0.