Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Catfish Croak Sandwich Quest (/forums/showthread.php?t=301455)

grylock 06-28-2018 11:51 AM

Catfish Croak Sandwich Quest

After hours of useless fishing I started searching through these forums and then the official patch history and discovered that the required sewer catfish for the Catfish Croak Sandwich and connected Foobscale Coif reward only got patched in in july 2003, so it would appear that this quest will never be completable on Project1999.

Just putting this here as an FYI for people who try searching these forums and find nothing on the topic like I did. The P99 wiki hints at there being non-Project1999 content, but doesn't specify what that is exactly.

Bummey 06-28-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grylock (Post 2731028)
Just putting this here as an FYI for people who try searching these forums and find nothing on the topic like I did. The P99 wiki hints at there being non-Project1999 content, but doesn't specify what that is exactly.

Update the wiki, then.

grylock 06-29-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bummey (Post 2731396)
Update the wiki, then.

I wouldn't want to presume, being as I only just joined the server about two weeks ago. Neither do I know the etiquette connected to wiki-editing.

Menden 08-10-2018 01:21 PM

We highly advise always checking with the NPC prior to doing the quest and before turn-ins... The wiki is wrong a lot.

Loramin can do wiki updates, you can PM him.

loramin 08-10-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menden (Post 2755390)
We highly advise always checking with the NPC prior to doing the quest and before turn-ins... The wiki is wrong a lot.

Loramin can do wiki updates, you can PM him.

/em tips hat to Menden

I was about to make the changes, but it looks like Grylock took the initiative and edited the wiki after all. Awesome sauce! Grylock I'd love to reward that initiative in-game with a starting item in appreciation: let me know your class is and what meaningfully gear (if any) you have already and I'll see what I can dig up (I'd say PM me but I think you might be so new you can't send private messages yet, so posting back here is fine).

Quote:

Originally Posted by grylock (Post 2731028)
The P99 wiki hints at there being non-Project1999 content, but doesn't specify what that is exactly.

The story there is that someday the wonderful dev team here will finally complete their magnum opus, ie. a perfect re-creation of Everquest 1999-2001. They still have a major patch (Chardok Revamp), a few minor patches, and probably a long backlog of issues, so when that will happen is anyone's guess.

When it does there are plans to release a new "perfectly classic server" using that code (often called "Green"). Once that happens Blue will be a bit more of a "playground" for the devs, and they have mentioned the possibility of custom classic-themed content being added. Since that content will be "classically themed" many people think there's a chance that quests like this (which are classic in theme) will get completed, but that's pure speculation.

grylock 08-10-2018 04:07 PM

Yeah, I checked, no PMs for me. And after I basically got the go-ahead for the wiki edit from another forum member, I just did it (noticing that if I had read the top line in the wiki better, this whole thing could have been avoided probably. Duh).
Anyway, as usual I started out several characters at once, but I guess the one I am mainly interested in is my HE Enchanter which was my main character on Live as well. No meaningful gear as of yet there, I'd say. And thanks for the offer :-)

grylock 08-10-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menden (Post 2755390)

As for that, NPC *gives* the quest, the required items just aren't in. (Just like on live back in the day, so, "working as intended" I guess)

Menden 08-10-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grylock (Post 2755467)
As for that, NPC *gives* the quest, the required items just aren't in. (Just like on live back in the day, so, "working as intended" I guess)

Well, that's annoying. Thanks for the update.

loramin 08-12-2018 02:24 PM

Grylock, just in case you didn't see I PMed you. Let me know (in PM or here) your Enchanter's name so I can try to catch him in-game.