Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   28 Monk - Gear Advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=315473)

Fireblade7 01-20-2019 04:27 PM

28 Monk - Gear Advice

Hey everyone!

Kharezis is my main (and highest level 28 monk) and here is the link to my magelo.

I have somewhere in the realm of 1-1.1k atm.

I know at 50, I should be going for an IFS or SoS/Adamantite Club. I don't have a ton of time to camp items and rare spawns like AC or the levitate cloak which i would love for quality of life improvements. I also have several pieces that could be upgraded for 100+pp. I have no weight reduction bags either.

Question is what should i save for first in your opinion? I know Chardok revamp is either tomorrow or in 2 years and IFS will prolly go up in price? Worried about that being out of reach when i hit 50.

I'm rambling. Should i save? Upgrade a few peices now and save? What would be first on your to get list if this is what you had available?

Thanks!

Legidias 01-21-2019 11:16 AM

Magic boots to kick undead. Even a 25-50p set is nice to have.

If you really want, orc fang earrings @ ~200p each are good for a long time (until you need resist earrings 50+). Or you can try to farm sarnak earrings of station.

You have haste gloves and a decent weap. Jade mace / SoS is pretty far off from 1k, and even a peacebringer or IFS is still like 4x your current funds.

As a monk, you're fine with what you have TBH, and could probably just save up still for either 100% weight bag (~5k), 2HB (~4-5k), or jade mace / sos (~6-8k).

Fireblade7 01-21-2019 12:17 PM

Thanks for the advice. I’ll probably get those magic boots and try to pick up a group in LOIO for an earring tried soloing the casters and they’re pretty nasty (looks super rare, maybe I’ll get lucky) and then save for a wr bag. Hopefully by 50 I’ll have enough to get some upgraded weapons as well.

I’ll just wait on the Jboots, seem not as needed since I can just flop. :)

Ravager 01-21-2019 08:24 PM

You can pretty much coast to 50+ with what you've got. I'd spend about 200 plat and a half hour or so making Javs till you're skill capped on those. Makes a huge difference pulling. Also, do what you can to stack more sta/hp as you go as it'll save your life with pulling.

Fireblade7 01-21-2019 11:08 PM

I ended up getting some orc fang earrings and a dire wolf-hide cloak for below cost. Just waiting on some magic boots and I’ll be all set for saving for my tink bag (might get a large soiled bag on the way)

And yes. I think I’m gonna go the javelin route, the range on my Shurikens are soooo low.

Thanks for everybody’s advice!

kjs86z 01-22-2019 10:45 AM

If you intend on doing your epic the classic way, make sure to camp Raster when it'll be giving you XP. Not sure when exactly that will be level-wise for your gear (maybe low / mid 40s?), but even if the minos are easy blue / green XP its worth it.

I skipped it all by crutching on my guild to kill Brother Z.

Do the headbands quests too, will save you 2k on the purple.

Fireblade7 01-22-2019 04:44 PM

That’s a great idea. I had planned on doing the epic mostly solo and by myself, have a bunch of the lower level stuff for the headband saved from my time on my alt. I’ll look into when the minoraurs go green so I can there at the same time that I can also kill raster.

Edit: looked it up real quick, I could get exp from Minotaurs at 45 and lower so I’ll prolly hit it up somewhere 43-45 to make sure I can take out raster as well.

Bardp1999 01-22-2019 10:28 PM

Peacebringer til Epic and never look back

Fireblade7 01-23-2019 12:39 PM

So honestly, does it matter peacebringer vs IFS? Or should I just get whichever’s cheapest/available when I get money to buy them?

Wickedbane 01-23-2019 06:06 PM

Both are running about 4k on wiki. Staff of battle would be a cheap mans 2hb that will last a good while for 500p and its in between on the weight.

For my monk I went with the IFS.
1. weight
2. DMG

I did a graph on some weapons and from what I got was that IFS was better compared to peacebringer.
between lvls 28-35
IFS was about .06-.1 better on ratio.
IFS did roughly 20-30 more max dmg per hit.
IFS did roughly 20 more dps on normal/average hits.
between lvls 36-49
IFS was about .08-.13 better on ratio.
IFS did roughly 30-40 more max dmg per hit.
IFS did roughly 20 more dps on normal/average hits.

I used some data I found on the forums for the dmg bonus.

ratio formula was (2xdmg+bonus)/delay. And delay/1.haste% to get new delay.

Peacebringer is slightly better ratio with no haste. But even with SCHW's IFS jumps ahead.

With the damage calculations I found a formula on the forums.
Max Damage
(Offense skill lvl + str)/100)*weapon dmg)+dmg bonus.
DPS Output
((dmg*2)+(dmg bonus)/delay))

I don't know if those dmg formulas are accurate but it helped make up my mind.