Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What sort of assault rifle should I purchase? (/forums/showthread.php?t=223712)

Filthy_Pagan 01-01-2016 11:20 AM

What sort of assault rifle should I purchase?

Having a hard time deciding what to get to support the second amendment and my freedom as an american.

I'm leaning towards an AK-47 because they're reliable and fire large caliber rounds that will go through cinder block without too much trouble. They aren't quite as accurate as m4s, but m4s fire shitty little rounds that are barely larger than a .22lr. Galils are right out as I refuse to support zionism. Maybe a HK33A2? Help me decide how to support the constitution.

Serious replies only, please

http://truthuncensored.net/wp-conten...-thumbs-up.jpg

Blitzers 01-01-2016 11:29 AM

Get a Sig M4, most accurate AR on the market. AK 47's are for haji's

Blitzers 01-01-2016 11:31 AM

Or a Remington R25, fires a 308 which is nice but expensive

Alenon 01-01-2016 11:34 AM

Get an awp, less skill involved, always one shot kill

Filthy_Pagan 01-01-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzers (Post 2155183)
Get a Sig M4, most accurate AR on the market. AK 47's are for haji's

I don't need something terribly accurate. When society collapses I don't see myself having to snipe, as I'm in an urban environment. Plus .223 was designed to wound, not kill. A 7.62 is accurate enough and is much larger round. Any suggestions that aren't .223/ 5.56?

Kowalski 01-01-2016 12:01 PM

You haven't mentioned your intention or preference. Will you be distance targeting(sniping), CQB, suppression, do you prefer NATO etc.?

If you want long range NATO accuracy then I'd recommend taking a look at M1A's(M14s) or even AR10's if you'd rather have that layout. The 7.62mm NATO is a very accurate and high velocity round that has very good flight characteristics. If you are looking for something less expensive (weapons wise) then I'd go with the Remington 770 7mm mag as the weapon/round is accurate and the round doesn't drop off like the 30.06 at longer ranges.

If you are going for CQB(close quarters combat) style weapon then I'd go M4(5.56mm NATO) because they are very accurate lightweight platforms without high penetrating capability such as your 7.62mm.

If you would rather have the Kalashnikovs then I'd go with Russian over Chinese or Czechoslovakian. Avoid getting a used one unless you can test fire many rounds through it first.

Just some thoughts as it really depends on what you intend to do with the weapon. Also, whatever you decide, please ensure it is done legally and safely.

Happy hunting ;)

P.S. An accurate weapon is a deadly weapon

ronasch 01-01-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan (Post 2155195)
I don't need something terribly accurate. When society collapses I don't see myself having to snipe, as I'm in an urban environment. Plus .223 was designed to wound, not kill. A 7.62 is accurate enough and is much larger round. Any suggestions that aren't .223/ 5.56?

I also suggested the R25 .308 caliber. If your on a video game msg board asking for firearm advice you probably shouldn't own a firearm. Just saying

Filthy_Pagan 01-01-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronasch (Post 2155201)
I also suggested the R25 .308 caliber. If your on a video game msg board asking for firearm advice you probably shouldn't own a firearm. Just saying

There are people from all walks of life and with a veritable cornucopia of hobbies and knowledge here. Are you saying I shouldn't take your advice because you're on an elf forum?

ronasch 01-01-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan (Post 2155203)
There are people from all walks of life and with a veritable cornucopia of hobbies and knowledge here. Are you saying I shouldn't take your advice because you're on an elf forum?

I'm saying you would probably get more accurate info on say an NRA msg board. I am a member of the NRA but I don't claim to be an expert on firearms

Kyff 01-01-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan (Post 2155179)
Having a hard time deciding what to get to support the second amendment and my freedom...

I see you are a staunch defender of civil rights and freedom.

So I suppose you are also regularly burning flags to support the first amendment and your freedom? If not I would volunteer to do this for you.