Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The future of Project1999 (/forums/showthread.php?t=393225)

Mazoku 10-15-2021 02:39 AM

The future of Project1999

We have always been taught to not stress the seasons of past. Instead we must look at those memories fondly and learn what we will from them. Then there is the future; It is something we must always plan for. I believe that the future deserves a project1999.

I have a proposition which I raised in /ooc in Wakening Lands one day and it received positive reception and here it is:

For the future: The developers should make a time AND progression locked Rainbow server. It would have PvP raids and you cannot rush content due to the time locks. You also can't progress to the new expansion until you unlock specific seals and locks. (Kill certain bosses in a specific order)

Then when when it gets to the end of Velious and Sleeper is woken up, the server is wiped clean. (Sleeper kills EVERYONE)

Thus a self sustaining classic EQ experience would be always be there. The future of the server would be determined by the players.

Thoughts?

DMN 10-15-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazoku (Post 3375101)

Thoughts?

medication.

Boptop 10-15-2021 08:23 AM

Sounds like a lot of effort for a volunteer staff

Kraig4600 10-15-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazoku (Post 3375101)
We have always been taught to not stress the seasons of past. Instead we must look at those memories fondly and learn what we will from them. Then there is the future; It is something we must always plan for. I believe that the future deserves a project1999.

I have a proposition which I raised in /ooc in Wakening Lands one day and it received positive reception and here it is:

For the future: The developers should make a time AND progression locked Rainbow server. It would have PvP raids and you cannot rush content due to the time locks. You also can't progress to the new expansion until you unlock specific seals and locks. (Kill certain bosses in a specific order)

Then when when it gets to the end of Velious and Sleeper is woken up, the server is wiped clean. (Sleeper kills EVERYONE)

Thus a self sustaining classic EQ experience would be always be there. The future of the server would be determined by the players.

Thoughts?

Nope.

robayon 10-15-2021 10:01 AM

i was hoping for a nude patch m'self especially for ogres

Trexller 10-15-2021 10:44 AM

It doesn't matter what the P99 staff does, any content canon or custom will be blown through.

All of us are experts on everquest, theres literally nothing they can do to throw us a curve ball.

They could drop Claws of Veeshan content (current live xpac) on us and we'd have to grind a bit of xp, then we'd destroy it.

Trexller 10-15-2021 10:48 AM

The next live xpac actually looks cool (for the first time in like decades)

Aten Ha Ra is back to her old tricks and mayhem

unsunghero 10-15-2021 11:03 AM

With that much effort involved, why not just make instanced raids zones?

greasemonk 10-15-2021 11:11 AM

The future of P99 is complete shutdown of the servers, thereby nullifying your progress and time spent. All you will have is your memories of being fuckbags to each other.

Yall mother fuckers need Jesus.

starkind 10-15-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robayon (Post 3375141)
i was hoping for a nude patch m'self especially for ogres

You can make this urself pretty ez