Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Low Level: Zoning into Kael (/forums/showthread.php?t=228227)

Nitsude 02-09-2016 06:59 PM

Low Level: Zoning into Kael

Attempted to run a low level (level 2) through Kael Drakkal today, but was given the following message when entering:

"You are not yet experienced enough to pass through an inter-planar portal."

That would seem to suggest that only level 46+ can zone into Kael? Have been told by others that they were able to run level 1's through Kael originally on live.

eisley 02-09-2016 07:02 PM

think it requires level 5 to enter most dungeons

iruinedyourday 02-09-2016 07:10 PM

There's non classic code to prevent level 1 training and stuff thanks to abacab exploits of yore.

Can't get through lfay as a level 4 to get into MM for example

Ivory 02-09-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iruinedyourday (Post 2187925)
There's non classic code to prevent level 1 training and stuff thanks to abacab exploits of yore.

Can't get through lfay as a level 4 to get into MM for example

Hmmm, I'm not sure that is true. At level 4 on my cleric I had begun my epic adventure around the world to get the ro hammer....and I am pretty sure I went through lfay and a host of other zones.

iruinedyourday 02-09-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivory (Post 2187927)
Hmmm, I'm not sure that is true. At level 4 on my cleric I had begun my epic adventure around the world to get the ro hammer....and I am pretty sure I went through lfay and a host of other zones.

there is a zone that prevents you from getting to MM that iirc wasnt mm, but it might have been. I know this becuse I tried to take a level 1 to track for the advisor. Might be MM itself that was off limits, would be harsh to prevent newbie woodelfs from getting to steamfont so lfay should remain open.

Anywho they cherry picked zones that newbs could go through (becuse its unclassic) to help prevent macroquest training by abacab and people like him, about 6 months ago.

Ele 02-10-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iruinedyourday (Post 2187925)

Get level 5 then you can freely travel anywhere (without a planar level/key requirement).