Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Question regarding Iksar level requirement to leave Warslik Woods. (/forums/showthread.php?t=244438)

Sillyturtle 06-01-2016 05:06 AM

Question regarding Iksar level requirement to leave Warslik Woods.

So, I discovered months ago when I made my monk that you must be level 5 or higher before you can successfully zone out of Warslik Woods and into The Overthere. This was, as far as I know, put in to combat cheaters using particular software.

My question is, is it possible to get ported out by a druid? I wish to take advantage of the Bone Chip quest in Kaladim since it's such good XP for a lowbie and would prefer to do this from level 1. (I'd get a druid to Wolf Form me so that the mobs are indifferent)

Can it be done?

beel 06-01-2016 05:29 AM

Yes. It can be done. Did the exact same thing about a month ago. I was at first surprised about the level limit in OT as I had never heard of this before, but apparently there are a level 5 limit in several mid to high level exping zones to avoid zone disruption by level 1s.

Got my level 1 monk ported from Warsliks Woods to Nro and then zoned into EC without any trouble.

Sillyturtle 06-01-2016 05:30 AM

Thank you very much.

NarcolepticLTD 06-01-2016 05:33 AM

1. /who all dial
2. /tell druidportperson 100p for a ride FoB>BB
3. ???
4. profit

Alternately you could just kill a few mobs while waiting for a definite answer to your question and already be lvl 5.

Troxx 06-01-2016 05:38 AM

Wolf form can't be cast indoors I thought.

mr_jon3s 06-01-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyturtle (Post 2287777)

My question is, is it possible to get ported out by a druid? I wish to take advantage of the Bone Chip quest in Kaladim since it's such good XP for a lowbie and would prefer to do this from level 1. (I'd get a druid to Wolf Form me so that the mobs are indifferent)

Can it be done?

This isn't worth the effort. Would be faster just getting a druid to PL you in the pit and kurns tower.

NegaStoat 06-01-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 2287789)

Exactly. Wolf form can't be cast indoors, so that won't work for either CB belts / pads or bone chips in Kaladim. To the best of my knowledge, a ball of golem clay (earth elemental illusion) is the go-to for dealing with an indoor situation. Well, that or having the quest turn-in target charmed.

One way of just blowing through levels 1-5 as an Iksar would be to fill your bank up with empty boxes and get some summoned holding bags (even shaman spirit pouches are fine) and level 1-4 rapidly collecting curskins from the scaled wolf pups and cubs, banking all that you can. Then turn them all in to the haggle baron (" I will perform a small service ") for free level 5+

Bummey 06-01-2016 03:08 PM

Maybe not so much for exp, but once you get sneak at level 8 you can turn them in for faction and do other bounty quests, like crushbone belts; invis down to the quest NPC, stand behind them and mash sneak for about 20 minutes until you pass a skill check, then turn in your items. You can do a lot with sneak.

Trungep99 06-01-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 2287789)

maybe boon of garou would change faction?

Rygar 06-03-2016 12:16 PM

You can turn in Bone Chips if you like in FoB for decent exp at low levels, but for major exp the scaled wolf pelts that you turn in at the inn across the bank is excellent exp.

There is also an npc that takes spider legs that I never noticed until I was too old in the FoB, but unsure how good the exp is. FoB is amazing to level in, why leave?

I actually found some of the pelts on a vendor (like 125 or something) that some newbs had been selling, I bought them with the gold and turned in super encumbered, I wound up making slightly more money from selling the curscale reward and it gained me about 2.5 levels.

Should note it was my first character on p99, had no twink help or anything.