Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   NPC Spawn Issue: necromancer vampire bats in erud's crossing (/forums/showthread.php?t=244381)

planarity 05-31-2016 03:51 PM

necromancer vampire bats in erud's crossing

apparently this item http://wiki.project1999.com/Thin_Boned_Wand is supposed to drop from special vampire bats in erud's crossing that are lvl ~12 necromancers that have pets. A 2000 allakhazam comment confirms this: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3667

I don't believe these necro bats currently spawn on p99

nilbog 05-31-2016 11:33 PM

They spawn, just super rare.

After reviewing the spawns, I increased them.

Fixed, pending update

Porky 06-02-2016 10:56 PM

I was here today trying to farm these to play with on my sub 10 alt and I killed about 40 of these (3-4 up at a time respawn every 6ish minutes pretty common spawn) but I did not see a single boned wand drop.

I don't know if you meant your fix was to increase spawn rates or to increase drop rates and I realize that the fix hasn't gone in yet. Just updating with new info.

planarity 06-03-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2289871)
I was here today trying to farm these to play with on my sub 10 alt and I killed about 40 of these (3-4 up at a time respawn every 6ish minutes pretty common spawn) but I did not see a single boned wand drop.

I don't know if you meant your fix was to increase spawn rates or to increase drop rates and I realize that the fix hasn't gone in yet. Just updating with new info.

Did you kill regular bats, or the necromancer ones with skeleton pets? Only the necromancers are supposed to drop the wand.

Porky 06-03-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planarity (Post 2290797)
Did you kill regular bats, or the necromancer ones with skeleton pets? Only the necromancers are supposed to drop the wand.

This is the mistake, yes.

I misinterpreted the Vampire Bats as all being Necromancers, and just assumed that I was killing them too fast for them to summon their pets. You are likely 100% correct and I probably only killed one or two actual necromancers in that time.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm excited for the next patch.