Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quest Issue: Kobold Molars (Good) doesn't work, but the evil version does. (/forums/showthread.php?t=218690)

rustbubble 11-15-2015 07:23 PM

Kobold Molars (Good) doesn't work, but the evil version does.

The quest Kobold Molars (Good) with the NPC Tiam Khonsir doesn't work.

The NPC doesn't react to /hail, even though they are amiable. Handing a molar to the NPC doesn't complete the quest. The evil version of this quest in Paineel does work. This quest was implemented in March 2001. There is a notation on the following link that the quest was first Entered: Mon Mar 19 14:55:18 2001.

Thanks!

Azlani 11-15-2015 07:27 PM

I know the link rustbubble is mentioning:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1243

The evil version works at amiable, but that same link seems to have information that it should work at dubious, too.

nilbog 11-15-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustbubble (Post 2108161)
The quest Kobold Molars (Good) with the NPC Tiam Khonsir doesn't work.

Fixed, pending update

elwing 11-16-2015 02:50 AM

What is this, I hunted quite extensively there but I have yet to see a single molar... are these under the trivial loot rules? They are not magical so they shouldn't. Aren't they dropping from the named (some of these are still dark blue...). I went from deep threatening to apprehensive, mostly on grey kobold but I killed enough named and a few greater shaman or such that were still giving exp and dropped magical loot but saw no molar to get a full yellow bubble, were they just added during this weekend?

Azlani 11-16-2015 03:04 AM

Yes, just like on live, they are under the triv loot rules. Read the link posted. The molars are the most common on the levels before king room, from what I've seen.

elwing 11-16-2015 03:08 AM

Strange, still got enough non trivial kill to get one yellow bub without any drops... most are on named which should not drop the molar but I killed probably around 20 other non named, non trivial kobold without a single drop... guess I'm unlucky but I'm definitely far from the 33% announced...

edit: ok, Magelo says that this only drop from the lower level kobold... no non named kobold in my range seems to drop it, only huntmaster furgrl and krode drops it, which I have killed respectively only three time and once for the second... guess that explains it and it also means that I won't be able to really use that quest axcept maybe once or twice from huntmaster dropped molars...

http://eq.magelo.com/item/1761

Ravenfeather 12-07-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 2108174)
Fixed, pending update

When is the next update likely to be?

Ravenfeather 12-13-2015 06:36 PM

After the server reset this morning, he reacts to the hail, and gives the correct text for the quest. However, turning in the molars gives no result. I'm apprehensive, but the quest used to work for me on Live at dubious.

Naethyn 12-31-2015 08:09 PM

Bump, I have 50 molars from grinding 9-15 here and the turn in doesn't work =(

maximum 01-02-2016 08:48 PM

I looted molars from Warrens mobs. I was apprehensive with Tiam, I hailed him, and he did reply properly with the quest text. He also did respond to my 'I have come to serve our lord' text, however, the individual turn-in of molars did not work.