Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION (/forums/showthread.php?t=377769)

Kelika2 02-04-2021 03:11 AM

COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION

By this I mean why not let the big guilds burn themselves out?
No more variance, 6 hour respawn time on all targets on blue. Raiders will run out of alts to gear up eventually, the selling of lootrights will quickly waterdown(maybe even GM enforced no selling) and speed of trash clearing with always be a factor

At first this sounds like a bad idea, but the thing that keeps people coming back to raiding isnt the raids themselves, but the loot. With a week between targets people have time to cool off, level alts and get ready for more
Now making raid targets more widely available will allow the casual guilds to get a shot since everything is spawning so fast, or eventually become a top guild themselves because the old raiders are ran ragged and take time off/retire/spend time on an alt

The spirit of the carrot on the stick is still there, its just a shorter stick

Toryas 02-04-2021 04:27 AM

Not classic.

Kelika2 02-04-2021 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toryas (Post 3254207)
Not classic.

This is no longer an applicable retort. Watching 6+ months of failed democracy is way more not classic

Fammaden 02-04-2021 07:34 AM

Make all seven day respawns a weekly quake event. Your idea just turns the place into RMT99.

Toryas 02-04-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelika2 (Post 3254211)
This is no longer an applicable retort. Watching 6+ months of failed democracy is way more not classic

Sorry, I should have ended my sentence with /s.

For real though, the majority of the failing democracy on this server is not because people want pixels, it's because people want to deny others the chance of pixels. The current spawn timers won't change, the META needs to change. It's clearly evident that the GMs are bored of the bullshit by how infrequently they quake the server. All they need to do is push 1 button to run a script, the problem is, doing that makes more work for the guides/GMs due to the inevitable petitions that come in.

One session in the UN is enough evidence to me as to why the guides/GMs don't want to spend their free time volunteering to babysit narcissistic overweight neckbeards, I don't blame them for not quaking.

fastboy21 02-04-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelika2 (Post 3254190)
By this I mean why not let the big guilds burn themselves out?
No more variance, 6 hour respawn time on all targets on blue. Raiders will run out of alts to gear up eventually, the selling of lootrights will quickly waterdown(maybe even GM enforced no selling) and speed of trash clearing with always be a factor

At first this sounds like a bad idea, but the thing that keeps people coming back to raiding isnt the raids themselves, but the loot. With a week between targets people have time to cool off, level alts and get ready for more
Now making raid targets more widely available will allow the casual guilds to get a shot since everything is spawning so fast, or eventually become a top guild themselves because the old raiders are ran ragged and take time off/retire/spend time on an alt

The spirit of the carrot on the stick is still there, its just a shorter stick

If you have a serious idea why post it in rants and flames?

Insomnia 02-04-2021 09:40 AM

How about we release Luclin on blue already? More pixels for everyone!

Fammaden 02-04-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toryas (Post 3254239)
Sorry, I should have ended my sentence with /s.

For real though, the majority of the failing democracy on this server is not because people want pixels, it's because people want to deny others the chance of pixels. The current spawn timers won't change, the META needs to change. It's clearly evident that the GMs are bored of the bullshit by how infrequently they quake the server. All they need to do is push 1 button to run a script, the problem is, doing that makes more work for the guides/GMs due to the inevitable petitions that come in.

One session in the UN is enough evidence to me as to why the guides/GMs don't want to spend their free time volunteering to babysit narcissistic overweight neckbeards, I don't blame them for not quaking.

Are quakes more work though? It would seem that most guilds on blue end up doing things separately for the majority of it and then only start converging on inner ring ToV. So maybe Vulak and ToV still need some sort of meta change. Just making every respawn a quake would reduce the amount of sixteen hour raceline window licking that inevitably results in the losing side, or even both sides, filing petitions for the sole sake of hoping to force concessions. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like on a quake when FR/AG goes to one target and Riot is in a totally different zone they aren't petitioning each other because they aren't stepping all over each others' dicks for a change.

Linksfather 02-04-2021 10:29 AM

the quake once a week will create its own problems. not everybody wants weekend prime time quakes.

Fammaden 02-04-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linksfather (Post 3254255)
the quake once a week will create its own problems. not everybody wants weekend prime time quakes.

It doesn't have to be every Saturday at 8PM eastern. Could even have a variance window on the quake time itself. Spread it into EU and AUS times some weeks. Maybe it quakes mid day Friday one week, and early Sunday morning the next. This would be even more streamlined if they could come up with an automated quake system I guess.