Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   begging (/forums/showthread.php?t=340081)

|tda| fatal 11-08-2019 03:03 AM

begging

what the hell does begging even do?

cant train it up

cant tell if it even does anything on a mob.

anyone have logs on this?

does it generate threat?

pls help!

Jimjam 11-08-2019 03:58 AM

You can use it to aggro things through thin walls or ceilings on critical fails.

On success mob gives you some of their coins (only works on unaggroed mobs). Best results seem to happen on mobs your level or lower. Maybe because skill increases as you go up levels.

Doesn't seem to add much aggro. Can't be used while auto attacking. I can't remember it ever working on non-humanoids (perhaps as they don't tend to carry cash) but it can crit fail.

Shares a timer with pickpocket. Like sense heading the first points raise much easier using your class guild trainer.

|tda| fatal 11-08-2019 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3017741)
You can use it to aggro things through thin walls or ceilings on critical fails.

On success mob gives you some of their coins (only works on unaggroed mobs). Best results seem to happen on mobs your level or lower. Maybe because skill increases as you go up levels.

Doesn't seem to add much aggro. Can't be used while auto attacking. I can't remember it ever working on non-humanoids (perhaps as they don't tend to carry cash) but it can crit fail.

Shares a timer with pickpocket. Like sense heading the first points raise much easier using your class guild trainer.

as a war this skill never rises, and cant train it.

only can use while not auto attacking.

however i feel like when i use it that it actually generates aggro.

anyone ever use this as a warrior?

Jimjam 11-08-2019 05:23 AM

I've used it on several warriors. It is at the bottom of the skills list at the trainer with the trade skills.

If you feel it makes you aggro then keep toggling auto attack and using it.

Maybe run some tests to see the difference it makes.

Benanov 11-08-2019 11:16 AM

Begging always fails when you have aggro. You cannot skillup from a mob that's aggroed you.

BlackBellamy 11-08-2019 11:26 AM

Anyone who uses this skill debases themselves. You're one step away from blowing hobos behind the bus terminal.

Would you beg for mercy? Why would you beg for copper?

Cen 11-08-2019 01:55 PM

You can max begging in 2 hours in OOT or Qeynos Hills boats.

Its still not worth using at 200. :p

Swish 11-19-2019 07:10 AM

Begging beggars sometimes yields 1cp (the one in Freeport, and the one in Highkeep at least)

aaezil 11-19-2019 07:58 AM

The dps / threat lost from turnin attack off that much is most likely higher than the threat you get from clicking beg

Not worth

Brut 11-19-2019 08:31 AM

Can't beg from engaged mobs, so doubt it gives any aggro nor can it give the critical fail mid-combat.

Capped it on blue, it doesn't really work any more frequently at high skills, doesn't give more money, doesn't give you more successful begs than critical fails. It's still cute if you're a FD class to get the beg message out of random animals and NPCs to provide comic relief to nearby elves.

With CoS you can also drop invis, beg, reinvis before server tic to aggro. Got some silver off Spiroc Lord once.