Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Reminder on Forum Rules (/forums/showthread.php?t=361671)

Blistig 06-17-2020 01:40 PM

Reminder on Forum Rules

I've recently removed a few threads here for multiple violations of P99 Forum Rules by several users. For those who frequent this section regularly, please take some time to review these rules here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=324844

Rather than ban several accounts (who, I suspect, all feel they are the "victim"), I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.

JurisDictum 06-17-2020 01:53 PM

That's cool, but what about the forum account Asteria, which doxxed several people on this board but is currently unbanned? Is this all so lawful and neutral as it looks? -j

Blistig 06-17-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blistig (Post 3146108)
Rather than ban several accounts (who, I suspect, all feel they are the "victim"), I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.

JurisDictum 06-17-2020 01:58 PM

clean slate on doxxing that's awesome. Thanks p99!

Vaye 06-17-2020 02:17 PM

Can you inform us on who these several accounts are at least? Big Japan is participating in ban evasion by posting on her bf's account. I just want to know every iteration of this dumb psycho. It would be a public service to us using these forums, thanks.

Vaye 06-17-2020 02:27 PM

Thank you for cleaning the forums up btw. Nice work :)

Woke Locc 06-17-2020 06:07 PM

Will the rules be enforced going forward?

loramin 06-17-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woke Locc (Post 3146244)
Will the rules be enforced going forward?

Edited for clarity:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blistig (Post 3146108)
Rather than follow the rules, so that players know they can trust the staff to enforce the rules as written, I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.

But to be clear, I still appreciate Blistig's volunteer efforts very much! I certainly am not volunteering to moderate this place!

I just think this decision was a mistake: if the goal is to get people to follow the rules, leading with "and I'm not going to follow the rules", says what exactly? Especially when it's based on imagining whether someone will cry about being a victim :rolleyes:

And I mean, these are forum accounts we're talking about, not game accounts. Lulz is on what, his 10th one now? ;) Getting banned from the forum just means you lose your post count: there's no need to put the kid gloves on. If anything this will create more whining ("why did I get banned when you let those other people off with a warning?")

It's not too late though: Blistig you can always say "I was trying to be a nice guy as the new mod, but the forum has convinced me the rules we write should actually matter, so I revoke what I said earlier." And even if you do cut people some slack anyway ... do it behind the scenes, not as a big "I'm flouting the rules so you guys better pay attention to them" gesture.

Snortles Chortles 06-17-2020 07:39 PM

i bet you feel pretty silly right now

loramin 06-17-2020 07:42 PM

Thank you Mr. 10th forum account ;)