Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So Glad I Don't Play Blizzard Games Anymore (/forums/showthread.php?t=335674)

loramin 10-08-2019 11:34 AM

So Glad I Don't Play Blizzard Games Anymore

https://www.cnet.com/news/blizzard-r...kong-protests/

TLDR;
Some guy said one sentence about Hong Kong after winning a Hearthstone tournament, and they DQed him and banned him for a year. They also took away his prize money, but didn't give it to the second place finisher, and they banned two streamers, who had no idea the guy was even going to say anything.

Fucking traitor commie company will do anything China wants: no American values or spine.

P.S. The first website I ever created, back in like '97 or '98, was a Warcraft 2 fan site. I used to LOVE that company, and I'm both angry and sad at how far they've fallen.

Deathrydar 10-08-2019 11:40 AM

Activision pretty much ruined Blizzard when they bought them. They dropped the ball so badly with classic WoW, I am not sure I will ever be able to trust them again.

Wonkie 10-08-2019 11:42 AM

they're just being patriotic OP. USA government is looking the other way on Hong kong. ��

Chortles Snort|eS 10-08-2019 11:50 AM

the blizzard we grew up with died a long time ago
was really annoyed when skeletons graphics were removed from LoL, DoTA 2
thanks a lot China

DMN 10-08-2019 12:00 PM

No surprise here.

In diablo 2 there were a bunch of Asian hackers who were abusing all sorts of hacks on BNET and doing things like "popping corpses" after auto flagging people for pvp. in EQ it would be comparable to instantly flagging you for a duel, instantly killing you with a hack, and then the hacker being able to loot ALL of your items.

They lied nonstop in the forums that people were mistaken and there was no hacking going on. Once I posted absolute proof that showed an entire encounter of these hackers using these very hacks. Net result? I get suspended and post deleted within minutes.

Then you had WOW, where for the longest time they let Chinese farmers completely destroy server economies. These weren't just bot farmers either but people using blatant hacking. I caught tons of them hacking all over as I would watch them hidden on my rogue, and reported them for months and even recorded their behaviors and never did it seem they ever got banned. They just went on hacking/botting. I had even posted videos and such with links so people could see the things they were doing.

But they eventually banned me because I killed some raid mobs with my guild before "we were supposed to". (molten core). No hacks , no cheats. We just pulled and killed them. Oh, and guess what, I was the only one in the guild banned for it. Hah. And I knew exactly why.

loramin 10-08-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 2978876)
No surprise here.

In diablo 2 there were a bunch of Asian hackers who were abusing all sorts of hacks on BNET and doing things like "popping corpses" after auto flagging people for pvp. in EQ it would be comparable to instantly flagging you for a duel, instantly killing you with a hack, and then the hacker being able to loot ALL of your items.

They lied nonstop in the forums that people were mistaken and there was no hacking going on. Once I posted absolute proof that showed an entire encounter of these hackers using these very hacks. Net result? I get suspended and post deleted within minutes.

Then you had WOW, where for the longest time they let Chinese farmers completely destroy server economies. These weren't just bot farmers either but people using blatant hacking. I caught tons of them hacking all over as I would watch them hidden on my rogue, and reported them for months and even recorded their behaviors and never did it seem they ever got banned. They just went on hacking/botting. I had even posted videos and such with links so people could see the things they were doing.

But they eventually banned me because I killed some raid mobs with my guild before "we were supposed to". (molten core). No hacks , no cheats. We just pulled and killed them. Oh, and guess what, I was the only one in the guild banned for it. Hah. And I knew exactly why.

Damn! I knew about WoW gold farmers and Diablo cheats (I feel like almost everyone who played those games did), but I always assumed they were trying to do something about them and just were ineffectual.

Deathrydar 10-08-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2978889)
Damn! I knew about WoW gold farmers and Diablo cheats (I feel like almost everyone who played those games did), but I always assumed they were trying to do something about them and just were ineffectual.

I think that is what Blizzard wanted you to believe...

Zeboim 10-08-2019 12:34 PM

Capitalism chases the dollar. China is a money well of incredible proportions, probably with the most potential in the world.

This shouldn't surprise you. China is using the greed inherent in our entire system and culture to its advantage. It's a feature, not a bug.

loramin 10-08-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeboim (Post 2978917)
Capitalism chases the dollar. China is a money well of incredible proportions, probably with the most potential in the world.

This shouldn't surprise you. China is using the greed inherent in our entire system and culture to its advantage. It's a feature, not a bug.

Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.

Wonkie 10-08-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2978923)
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.

The business of America is business