Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Can you balance the bard class, PLEASE??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=190651)

frammelpie 04-26-2015 01:28 AM

Can you balance the bard class, PLEASE???

I don't know how many days in a row I've had to put up with bards helping themselves to just about everything in a zone that doesn't cast a spell but this is bullshit that's getting worse slowly. I'd like somebody to actually explain why it is that bards are allowed to pull unlimited amounts of enemies with no mana downtime?

Seriously GMs what is the deal with this crap? How can you seriously allow bards to behave so incredibly disrespectfully of everyone else in the entire zone that they do their thing in? There are rage-wars because of this in OOC ALL the time, in many of the popular zones. And it's always the same responses from them:

"You just weren't ready."
"Well go make a bard and do it yourself then."
"Go somewhere where there isn't a bard kiting if you don't like it!"

It's not even that they *can do this type of gameplay that bothers me, lots of classes *can screw others over; it's that they are so incredibly WILLING to do it and so uncool to their fellow players that you can't even call them "fellow players" anymore! They're exactly what a MMO designed with community in mind doesn't need: disrespectful greedy rude trolls. And you let them run rampant in the environment you're providing for everyone.

It used to be on live you could get bards in trouble for pulling this kind of crap right in everyone's faces or their game client would crash if they pulled too many, it balanced itself out. Not anymore! Plus, there were several servers for them to spread out on, they weren't all on one server like they are now. If you ask me, the mitigation of bard-assery that was on Live is not here and something else should be done about it in lieu of that.

Agree or don't. And if you don't, I get this strange feeling that you're a bard-swarmer.

Glenzig 04-26-2015 01:32 AM

Not a bard swarmer. Also....NO!

frammelpie 04-26-2015 01:42 AM

Since I can't edit my post I should add - GMs, this isn't meant to be a rant at you, more to you. I came fresh off of a nice long session of having a mostly empty DL zone while a bard had his way, so the rage was high. I think I'll play something else for a bit to get it out of my system.

Oleris 04-26-2015 01:43 AM

shits classic

Big_Japan 04-26-2015 01:50 AM

balanced games suck dick, go play WoW

rictus204 04-26-2015 02:01 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...alfinallll.gif

Addanel 04-26-2015 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus204 (Post 1869672)

Dyzzi, I call "Shenanigans"!

Secrets 04-26-2015 02:26 AM

Bard AE kiting is classic.

It was removed in 2004.

I'm a bard so hate me.

Troubled 04-26-2015 02:52 AM

God I love bards. Working on my 4th.

iruinedyourday 04-26-2015 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus204 (Post 1869672)