Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   To everyone (/forums/showthread.php?t=395692)

Vilkata 12-05-2021 09:27 AM

To everyone

I joined the server in April 2011 after seeing a youtube vid about it. I always loved the game but never got to experience very much of it back when it first came out due to my being the reroll king on the FV server when we were allowed only one toon per account. I remember joining the guild Serious Business early on meeting a lot of new people which was easy cause it felt like half the server was in the guild. They gobbled up almost every new player on the server. Took a break and came back to join several small guilds including Knights Who Say Ni before finally joining Anonymous. There is a real joy involved in being a small guild and working your way up to raiding high end content. For that reason, this server will always have a special place in my heart.
I log in occasionally just to look around and buff lowbies wherever i find them which is becoming rarer these days which fills me with sadness. I really miss the old days of this server which was more alive than any live server i played on. Before i ramble on too long, i just wanted to say "Thank you" to the people that made this server, the people who played here and especially the guild Anonymous for being the best time i ever had gaming in my life. I will remember you all.

Harvest 12-05-2021 12:21 PM

Nice Post. Its a pretty special game and server for sure

Evia 12-05-2021 01:57 PM

Great post. Hits all the feels! I miss the old days of the server as well. I’ve been playing about the same amount of time as you and just recently picked it back up a bit. It’s certainly not as vibrant and bustling as the years prior but it’s still a good time.

starkind 12-05-2021 07:14 PM

Ppl used to talk more. And play games. Run in circles.

Now I notice ppl just mill about at druid portals although still a lot of fun random encounters. A wizard in a flashy oracle robe chased me into Kithicor running after a big bear right as the scary undead where about to spawn to hand me a shralock pack. Ppl seem pretty chill about 50% of the time.

Ignore the grumpies. They came to Norrath to escape their grind and brought it with them. They usually have flashy guild tags and magelos and just put every stat point into STA. Can't help them. Can run in circles around them casting blu sparklies and repeatedly ducking.

Kiithsa 12-05-2021 07:24 PM

RIP <Anonymous>, never forget

Kaezyr D`Shiv 12-06-2021 01:39 AM

I 'member.

So many memories and people met along the way: from Camien my recruiter, Fugues as leader, Calyan I think led at one point? Kiyarah as leader. Grumpy ole Drzhivago on raids. Airborn's antics. Who was that crazy iksar necro who would ramble on in voice about the craziest shit lol.

Quite a few Anonypals ended up in Riot and while many of them are all but MIA on P99 blue as it is, a couple of us can be seen killing dragons and whatnot still. Including but not limited to: Keereeg, Settila, Kickenit, Rabitz, Daydon and myself.

ScottBerta 12-06-2021 01:48 AM

Thanks for the post. My brother and I joined in 2012. And it has been such a fun ride. This server is like an extended family. Often I remember the old days and also new memories. We all are fortunate to have this beautiful server which costs us nothing and ran by generous volunteers. Truly awesome.

Toxigen 12-06-2021 11:15 AM

i tashed velk on my first ever everquest raid and didn't gate / camp out

it was with <Anonymous>

rip faction

Kiithsa 12-06-2021 11:24 AM

1st rule of Anonymous. Don't listen to Airborn! Guy is a troll and totally crazy. I will miss him. Good times

Tunabros 12-06-2021 12:13 PM

i saw a knight who says ni the other day in EC