Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quest Issue: Note to Neclo Rewarding Out of Era Spells Still (/forums/showthread.php?t=336116)

BurtMacklinFBI 10-13-2019 07:06 AM

Note to Neclo Rewarding Out of Era Spells Still

Right now the note to neclo spell is rewarding minor shielding, which is correct later but not until the February 2000 patch. This quest should yield Elemental Armor for the first portion of green's life:

https://web.archive.org/web/20021031...de=35&id=55025

This link gives additional reference to the spell, cost, and when the quest may have been 'fixed'.

Some more intel:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=453
Apr 03 2001 at 11:27 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
When you hail the guy, just say "Who is Neclo?"

I was told that when you give Neclo the letter you get a spell that's worth 3.5pp, it's s shame that it got toned down.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2974
Apr 14 2000 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
He first gave out a scroll of Elemental Armor which you could sell for about 3pp, then they changed him but he ended up bugged and level 1, he's better now but only gives out a scroll of minor shielding

Feb 19 2000 at 3:27 AM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
he hasn't been disbanded, he just gives out a low lvl spell not a high lvl spell now

Dolalin 10-13-2019 07:14 AM

I doubt they would change this and I'd suggest they don't. It's an exploit.

AbstractVision 10-13-2019 07:57 AM

This quest combined with other quests where you purchase materials for repeatable XP turn in make this an obvious exploit.

BurtMacklinFBI 10-13-2019 08:49 AM

It was available in classic, should be available here for the truest, purest recreation of classic everquest. I remember doing this quest plenty of times to gear myself out in 1999 and others do as well.

Jungleberry 10-13-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI (Post 2983276)
It was available in classic, should be available here for the truest, purest recreation of classic everquest. I remember doing this quest plenty of times to gear myself out in 1999 and others do as well.

Let's leave exploits out.

Sillyturtle 10-14-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jungleberry (Post 2983798)
Let's leave exploits out.

It's not an exploit when it's classic gameplay.

it's an all or nothing approach. Rogean has said multiple times that they'll make it as pure to classic as possible, even if it means nobody plays it.

You don't get to label something an exploit just because people can benefit from it.

It's either classic, or it's not.

DMN 10-14-2019 06:58 AM

Did anyone ever even confirm the time period the original quest was implemented? It might not even have showed up for awhile. I didn't even hear about it until the GM on my server had set neclo up to somehow suicide right after he spawned, well beyond 6+ into vanilla. I highly doubt a quest this lucrative wouldn't be more well known.

Dolalin 10-14-2019 07:37 AM

It was a Qeynos human wizard newbie quest, from a trainer all the way around the back of the guild who most people probably never knew existed. I'm not exactly shocked it wasn't well known in classic.

Enabling this would have hundreds of people doing it for spell cash and breaking the economy. The staff aren't going to do it. Move to resolved.

Quinas 10-14-2019 09:23 AM

It's like /viewport. Do you disable it because strictly speaking it wasn't in during the classic era, or do you enable it, thus allowing people to create a screen view that more closely resembles classic?

Do you allow an exploitable part of a classic quest, thus making an unclassic economy; or remove the quest, and maintain a more classic economy?

aaezil 10-14-2019 09:39 AM

All i hear is wah wah i want free platinum