Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Vessel Drozlin / Verina Tomb Player Agreement Proposal (/forums/showthread.php?t=378489)

Twochain 02-12-2021 06:34 PM

Vessel Drozlin / Verina Tomb Player Agreement Proposal

Vessel Drozlin and Verina Tomb sock is awful for many players. I myself completely gave up on Enchanter's epic until I luckily got both of them on the same earthquake. I can't think of any negatives of this potential player agreement, so I decided to post.

Random /1000 5 minutes after spawn. ONLY level 46+ Enchanters can roll. ONLY the winner of the roll can loot.

Winner of the roll has 1 hour to kill the mob. Why 1 hour? Not everyone can get friends to camp out their buddies retired warrior at the spawn point 24/7 to engage the mob on spawn. I'm willing to discuss if 1 hour is too long. (or any point really)

Applicable to non earthquake/simpop mobs only.

Other players are not required to stay and help. But it is encouraged.

Must provide xx(time of roll) of your 1 hour lockout if asked

Beckoning 02-12-2021 06:43 PM

This sounds like an excellent idea all around.

getsome 02-12-2021 07:14 PM

• Park enchanter
  • Afk with text logger to trigger notification application
  • receive text notification, walk to pc or log in remotely to pc
  • gratz on getting a chance at epic being completely afk

Izmael 02-12-2021 07:20 PM

EQ should be mostly about first to engage. Taking out what is one of the most important aspects of classic EQ (mobilizing quickly, getting help from friends, guild, etc) is not a step in the right direction, IMO.

Twochain 02-12-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsome (Post 3260066)
  • Park enchanter

That’s roughly how people win right now. I actually know two different people who got enc epic this way.

While I generally agree with “don’t make EQ easier for the sake of it” as part of its charm is in the brutal grind. I don’t think a 60 hour window should come down to who has the better out of game technological skills. Especially for a non mqable piece of loot. I specifically think this agreement is important on Blue, because of the rise of people selling loot rights to the pieces. (Something I would have 1000% bought btw)

These camps were never monopolized before on blue, and certainly not monopolized on live.

Also 60 hours...

getsome 02-12-2021 09:22 PM

if You can line up for stormfeather I find it odd you can’t line up for vt or vd.

MarauderOHHYEAH 02-12-2021 10:07 PM

100% agree with some kind of agreement for both... the camp is horrible as is.. but having to fight against a snipe squad that has a warrior parked on the spawn 24/7 has made it almost impossible... even something like angry where people had to roll within X amount of time would be better

enjchanter 02-12-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsome (Post 3260066)
  • Park enchanter

sold multiple rods using this method

if someone shows up with a melee to stall the mob while others log in, you just leave and let them do their thing

ScottBerta 02-13-2021 03:40 AM

I think this is a great idea.

kjs86zskidoo 02-13-2021 09:09 AM

+1 to this idea might actually do my enchanter epic if this goes into place