Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Fresh Start on Blue - Wizard (/forums/showthread.php?t=298054)

Fish 05-14-2018 06:10 PM

Fresh Start on Blue - Wizard

Hey guys,

I'm starting fresh on P99 as a wizard and was looking for other new players to connect with so that we can help each other along the way. I'm a somewhat inexperienced player but I know the basics. Any help to get me in going is also appreciated. I'll see you out there.

Crazytalk - Human Wizard (Freeport)

Supaskillz 05-15-2018 12:05 PM

Good luck, enjoy the sever. The wiki is a fantastic resource and has plenty of new player guides and class specific guides.

http://wiki.project1999.com/

Jimjam 05-15-2018 12:29 PM

You can sit while eye of zomm is active, letting you pull without losing med ticks. Against less resistant mobs rain does more damage than nuke.

At high levels use your level 12 lightning nuke to interrupt unstunable spell casters; it is fast casting with a large pushback.

Use cancel magic type spells when grouped with melee fighting damage shield.

Root early if warrior is tank; this will give time to build up aggro.

Maliant 05-15-2018 01:56 PM

Great advice Jimjam, he'll be way ahead of the curve if he does those things.

Raavak 05-15-2018 02:22 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_o...ate_Flux_Quest

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tarton%27s_Wheel

kjs86z 05-15-2018 04:54 PM

Wizards have a hard time finding groups on P99.

Just something you'll want to keep in mind...it'll be a long, slow, solo grind to 60.

Foxplay 05-15-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroP99 (Post 2707893)
Delete the Wizard and roll and Enchanter

Someone has to take people to Hate / Sky

Scrumtick 05-16-2018 10:58 AM

Don't listen to them. Play what you want. It is true that wizards may sometimes be over looked for classes such as rogues who can continuously pump out melee damage and evade to drop their agro. However, I often find wizards in my groups when leveling, and they're fine doing dps. Just be prepared to solo when you can't find a group, and go into it knowing that if you want to be continuously active as a dps in group, wizards may not be the best choice given you have to med and that your nukes may draw agro to yourself.

DinoTriz 05-16-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrumtick (Post 2708247)
It is true that wizards may sometimes be over looked for classes such as rogues who can continuously pump out melee damage and evade to drop their agro. However, I often find wizards in my groups when leveling, and they're fine doing dps.

Every time I find a group with my wizard, I never run out of mana, I never aggro the mobs, and I easily take 50% of the mobs HP off with one cast. With a Clarity, our group churns through mobs.

With a little gear, and some Clarity, Wizards can not only DPS but burst. Speeding up kills is a great thing that a lot of people overlook imo.