Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hey Guise (/forums/showthread.php?t=324012)

toasteroven 04-26-2019 02:18 AM

i would imagine so, going to be rough for those wanting to play their characters into an uncontested blue crew who has aow/vulak/tunare loot for 3 years

I Felt Nostalgic 04-26-2019 02:21 AM

"I told you green was real." ~ Loramin 2019

Not_Mikeo 04-26-2019 02:21 AM

Prediction: its toxic as fuck.

mmmroo 04-26-2019 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasteroven (Post 2900311)
i would imagine so, going to be rough for those wanting to play their characters into an uncontested blue crew who has aow/vulak/tunare loot for 3 years

haha true that, man blue uncontested would be fun also...

AenorVZ 04-26-2019 02:23 AM

I doubted you guys. I lost faith. I apologize. Now spill the beans on Project Purple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmroo (Post 2900310)
So you keep your shit from green after your thrown back to blue right?

Rogean referred to it as the "recycle rotation" server. Let the manastone farming begin!

toasteroven 04-26-2019 02:24 AM

green may be the death of this emulator project

DiogenesThaDogg 04-26-2019 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toasteroven (Post 2900317)
green may be the death of this emulator project

Honestly though, a progression server is the only way to get approximately a classic-like experience. The fact that there are players stuck in the purgatory of velious end-game with all the resources one could ever want accumulating BiS for their 15th alt seems to remove something from the experience, even for players starting afresh. (this isn't a dig at those players, because how else are they to enjoy the game? I'm just pointing out that this game was not designed to run this long)

Of course there's no such thing as a truly classic-like experience with the game as researched and solved as it currently is, but that can't be undone anyway.

Fuzzhead93 04-26-2019 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg (Post 2900318)
Honestly though, a progression server is the only way to get approximately a classic-like experience. The fact that there are players stuck in the purgatory of velious end-game with all the resources one could ever want accumulating BiS for their 15th alt seems to remove something from the experience, even for players starting afresh.

Of course there's no such thing as a truly classic-like experience with the game as researched and solved as it currently is, but that can't be undone anyway.

Delete the wiki! The knowledge only lives on in our minds...

Keza 04-26-2019 03:01 AM

GREN? Been playing on and off since pre-kunark and have been dying for this for so long. As much as I love p99 I joined in late classic and there is no substitute for a fresh start in an MMO. Whether it's because you want to be the most sweatiest nerdlord to ever hit 60 on an ench/shm before anyone else there ever was or because you want groups without twinks and PLs, it's just something you can't possibly get without a new beginning.

Cheers to all the haters who will undoubtedly try and ruin this just to prove themselves right instead of crawling out of whatever dragon's ass they have lived in for the past 6 years to enjoy the experience.

I for one am super hyped!

Pyrrhica 04-26-2019 03:05 AM

WTB Guise loot rights