Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Introducing Project 1999: Green (/forums/showthread.php?t=333743)

Wodahs 10-10-2019 01:31 PM

Completely new player here. Never played EQ or P99, trying to get setup for Green Launch to try the game out. Will there be any different patches needed to download, or can the upcomming green server be accessed with an install of the game that can connect to the current blue server?

Cheers

Talinthis 10-11-2019 04:21 AM

nice. would be great if i could even log on, lol. game only runs if i put my processor to 4.2Ghz and i cant do that anymore for some reason with a somewhat recent windows update. i havent been able to play for a few months. oh also rip iksar.

caldknocker 10-11-2019 04:14 PM

I don't want my Red name stolen

So I don't have chars on Blue, but I have chars on red... I don't want anyone to steal my Red chars name...

loramin 10-11-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caldknocker (Post 2981856)
So I don't have chars on Blue, but I have chars on red... I don't want anyone to steal my Red chars name...

Make a character with the name on Blue.

loramin 10-11-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodahs (Post 2980814)
Completely new player here. Never played EQ or P99, trying to get setup for Green Launch to try the game out. Will there be any different patches needed to download, or can the upcomming green server be accessed with an install of the game that can connect to the current blue server?

Cheers

Rogean has said that they've figured out a way to juggle things such that you'll only need one installation, and it will automatically switch between the "blue code" and the "green code" based on which server you pick.

They'll likely be a patch you need to apply, but other than that everyone should just have Green available as a server.

gprater 10-12-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 (Post 2960194)
DUDE. Great solution! Seriously did not see something like this coming.

I agree, I love this idea, but i also like my circa 2005 secondary hot bar which apparently is too far away from classic to allow. When did lists enter the game? I didnt get to play classic and stopped playing live more than 10 expacks ago.

Not trolling, just wondering which is farther away from classic.

thanks for any replies

loramin 10-12-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gprater (Post 2982278)
When did lists enter the game? I didnt get to play classic and stopped playing live more than 10 expacks ago.

They both were never in the game, and at the same time have always been there :)

Here's the thing: live had paid GMs, ie. salaried employees whose only job it was to serve EverQuest players. They had at least one per server, plus on top of that they had a bunch more "guides", ie. players who volunteered to do customer service work in exchange for free playtime.

By definition, P99 can't have either of those, because they're not allowed to charge players to play here. This means that what we have instead is a very few, very kind, 100% volunteers, who generously give some of their free time to help players who fall through the world or get in fights with each other.

Speaking of fights, back in the day on live those paid CS people used to resolve fights by ... you guessed it: lists. Don't believe me? Read the instruction manual Verant gave their GMs/Guides back in the day: http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_E...ice_Guidelines

So while /list is a 100% P99 mechanism, and only exists because we don't have paid staff, what it does is 100% classic (and honestly Verant probably would have done the same thing if they thought of it: remember they didn't even realize they needed a Play Nice Policy until Kunkark, so they clearly didn't anticipate player fights over camps being as common).

Iswin 10-14-2019 12:09 PM

This is great news! Thank you to the p99 staff.

ccs88 10-18-2019 04:14 PM

Will the classic UI be in place at launch, as in the one on the tutorial disc?

3d_glasses 10-21-2019 10:52 AM

So I have read you should be able to access both blue and green without having to install anything separately, can anyone confirm this is true? I have not tried BETA.

If I start a character now on green BETA will it get erased at launch?