Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Char Select Screen - No Characters (/forums/showthread.php?t=335761)

ralyn 10-09-2019 10:41 AM

Char Select Screen - No Characters

When i log on my account, and get to the character select screen, all I see for the 8 character slots is "Create a new character". I know if the files are outdated, you get the message that your files are outdated, but that's not what it is. I have even downloaded the 50d patch again and installed it, to no avail.

What's even more odd, is that this is only happening on 1 account (my main account of course), but I can log on other accounts and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

FungusTrooper 10-09-2019 11:29 AM

Dumb question, but you sure it's the right server? Hear me out...

When I load the game, Blue is auto-selected, but if I just hit "connect" (or the "connect to last server" button), 50% of the time it'll actually load a random server, hence empty character slots.

If I click another server, then back to blue, then hit connect, it works 100% of the time.

That's the only experience I've had with worryingly empty character select screens.

ralyn 10-09-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FungusTrooper (Post 2979781)

When I load the game, Blue is auto-selected, but if I just hit "connect" (or the "connect to last server" button), 50% of the time it'll actually load a random server, hence empty character slots.

If I click another server, then back to blue, then hit connect, it works 100% of the time.

That's the only experience I've had with worryingly empty character select screens.

Well, I did not do those exact steps, but will try it, but yes, I make sure the Blue server is highlighted. Will try your suggestion though, thanks!

Deathrydar 10-09-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FungusTrooper (Post 2979781)

Yup! This happened to me the other day and that quick connect option was the cause.

ralyn 10-09-2019 12:23 PM

So I tried the method, seemed to work once ... crashed on zoning, came back and still the same original problem

Deathrydar 10-09-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralyn (Post 2979815)
So I tried the method, seemed to work once ... crashed on zoning, came back and still the same original problem

Is it a certain zone? Or multiple different zones? Is it everytime you zone? Or just sometimes? Can it be duplicated at will? Or is it random?

Deathrydar 10-09-2019 02:07 PM

Have you tried this from the FAQ?

11. I frequently crash while zoning, completely randomly and without warning, is there any way to fix this?

If you find yourself crashing while zoning or logging in constantly, many people have found that this fixes the problem. Also, it seems to make zoning go faster.

Simply go to your options screen and do the following:

EQ Options > Display > Dropdown menu on the top right corner "Loading Screen" change it from "Loading Art" to NONE

Credit goes to DOPE for finding this fix, and it seems to have worked for 90% of the people with this issue. Thanks dope!