Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   What does a Human Monk get over an Iksar Monk in P99? (/forums/showthread.php?t=362618)

Loadsamoney 07-01-2020 03:29 PM

What does a Human Monk get over an Iksar Monk in P99?

A Monk is the only class I can realistically see myself playing as a Human (for that swag eyepatch), but I'm trying to determine how a Human Monk is supposed to be evenly matched with an Iksar Monk in the long-term in regards to damage output and survivability, without the Iksar Monk having a clear, permanent advantage (regen and innate AC) over a Human Monk.

In other words, how is a Human Monk not inferior to an Iksar Monk in the end, assuming identical gear, stats, and player skill?

ldgo86 07-01-2020 03:37 PM

Who ever said a human monk is evenly matched with Iksar? Nobody is my guess

Adron 07-01-2020 03:39 PM

20% faster reaching 60?
faction? you don't have to shy away from literally every non-lizard guard. that has gotta cost you another 10% of your time to 60
probably some minimal weapon/gear choices I am unaware of as a filthy casual. (hero bracer)
I would say a monk starting in qeynos with all the crazy quest xp gives you another time boost.
does anybody who's 60 really give a crap about 8 extra standing regen once they're 60?

Keebz 07-01-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adron (Post 3150896)
20% faster reaching 60?

24% faster on Green

Technically it's just 24% less exp required, which won't mean 24% faster. If you full grouped the whole way, it'd only be 4% faster.

Loadsamoney 07-01-2020 03:47 PM

So in terms of overall combat performance, an Iksar Monk really outperforms a Human Monk hands down, no questions?

ldgo86 07-01-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3150899)
So in terms of overall combat performance, an Iksar Monk really outperforms a Human Monk hands down, no questions?

Dude just make a Human if you want to :P

Loadsamoney 07-01-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldgo86 (Post 3150902)
Dude just make a Human if you want to :P

I'm torn between min-maxing and playing the race I want. It's the main reason why I won't play an Ogre for anything other than maybe a Warrior. I definitely wouldn't play one as a Shadow Knight (FSI isn't all that its cracked up to be, IMO, and I don't see Ogres as a truly evil race, at least not anywhere near the level of greed, malice, and sadism as a Troll or Dark Elf).

Danth 07-01-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3150899)

Depends on how you figure. Comparing equal levels? Sure, the iksar's better. However for a given amount of hours spent on the character the human will be about a couple levels higher, making it the stronger character in that sense up until such a time as everyone runs into the level 60 cap. The majority of characters created on P1999 do not make it to level 60 so that's not a trivial consideration by any means.

Danth

ldgo86 07-01-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3150904)
I'm torn between min-maxing and playing the race I want. It's the main reason why I won't play an Ogre for anything other than maybe a Warrior. I definitely wouldn't play one as a Shadow Knight (FSI isn't all that its cracked up to be, IMO, and I don't see Ogres as a truly evil race, at least not anywhere near the level of greed, malice, and sadism as a Troll or Dark Elf).

My thoughts are this: if you are Uber twinking than go human. If your are starting with little to no gear Iksar will really shine.

Jimjam 07-01-2020 04:30 PM

Iksar are meant to be better. It's a sales tool for Kunark.

That said, a human monk will kill things ever so slightly faster while on a corpse run (or otherwise using non-epic fists), and they require much less xp to level. It's not as simple as I'm about to claim, but the xp needed to get a human monk to 60 won't get an iksar past 57.

The boni received for being an iksar are kind of overkill and won't stop you from being a good monk.

No matter how good an iksar monk is, it will never be good at being a human monk, if that is what you want to play.

If you decide on an iksar monk I suggest making sure you download one of the animation fix packs, and also roll a female.