Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Quest Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Kromrif Recruiter - Wage War Upon The Coldain (/forums/showthread.php?t=402356)

Nexii 05-01-2022 08:54 PM

Kromrif Recruiter - Wage War Upon The Coldain

Quest seems to give 1 faction to Kromrif and 1 faction to Kromzek.

According to Allakhazam it should be much more faction:
Kromrif +35
Kromzek +8
Coldain -17
Claws of Veeshan -3

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?quest=2163

DeathsSilkyMist 05-02-2022 02:08 PM

Pretty sure Allakazam faction numbers are out of era. Didn't see any in-era posts suggesting faction numbers. Oldest post I see is from 2003. The entry was created in Sept. 2002, which is Luclin era.

Now, there may be evidence out there to support these numbers in-era (I have no idea). Sadly the Allakazam page isn't going to cut it as far as I know in terms of evidence.

I have done the Wage War Upon The Coldain quest on P99, and it was giving more than one faction hit per head (unless it broke recently). From my recollection I was at max scowling, and I didn't need to turn in more than 100 heads to get to the point where I could talk to Bvellos. I was killing the dwarfs for their heads in the Great Divide mines, but I don't think those guys give a huge faction hit (could be wrong).

jadier 06-14-2022 01:18 PM

This was giving +8 Kromzek earlier this year when I was raising giant faction, so it changed/broke only recently.

eisley 06-17-2022 12:57 PM

OT - but I strongly recommend avoiding this quest and just jumping to invis trading Coldain Heads to Bvellos at Scowls. That way you trade the -Coldain for +KingTormax, two obnoxious obstacles you won't have to fix later.

jadier 06-17-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisley (Post 3471082)
OT - but I strongly recommend avoiding this quest and just jumping to invis trading Coldain Heads to Bvellos at Scowls. That way you trade the -Coldain for +KingTormax, two obnoxious obstacles you won't have to fix later.

Yeah, but is annoying if you’re kos. Balance between burning a few extra heads vs coercing a Druid to do snare/invis shenanigans