Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   TV / Webcast Series Suggestions (/forums/showthread.php?t=422766)

grims 08-19-2023 07:55 PM

TV / Webcast Series Suggestions

Hello I would like to offer some crowd sourcing for TV series / web series suggestions.

I will list some of the shows I watch / why I enjoy them and encourage others to do so in order to find enjoyable new series for myself and others.

Series I have enjoyed and why:

Better Call Saul: Violence, psychological effect of drug usage on communities, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Breaking Bad: Violence, psychological effect of drug usage on communities, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Davinci's demons: Violence, Engineering, interesting historical references, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Game Of Thrones: Violence, Sex, Interesting politics/ psychological profiles, excellent CGI / battle scenes

Merlin: Violence, Sexuality, interesting characters, deep fantasy elements.

Rome (HBO): Violence, great battle scenes, Historical reference and interesting politics

Sherlock: Violence, mystery, interesting evolving characters, psychological profiles

Spartacus : Violence, Historical references, Sex, interesting politics/ psychological profiles, excellent battle scenes

Squid game: Interesting political and psychological profiles, violent elements

The Handsmaids Tale: Interesting political and psychological profiles, violent elements

The Sandman: Violence, interesting psychological profiles, good fight scenes, evolving characters.

The walking dead / spinoffs: Violence, very interesting evolving characters. I enjoyed all of them except for one (The world beyond) I found the development to be too slow paced.

The Wire: Violence, psychological effect of drug usage on communities, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

The witcher: Violence, Sexuality, interesting characters, deep fantasy elements.

Twisted metal: Violence, Sexuality, interesting characters.

Vikings: Violence, interesting historical references, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Post analysis I enjoy watching violence, historical referenced material, psychologically evolving characters, interesting fight scenes and occasionally well thought out fantasy. Sorry about my lack of punctuation/ not editing I wanted to get this out there rather than focus on it like it is a college thesis

Thank you for your suggestions, please feel free to leave your own / favorite series or reflect on mine. I appreciate your time and effort reading this post and appreciate being able to check out your own favorite series.

Trexller 08-19-2023 08:34 PM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2...TUj4/giphy.gif

aussenseiter 08-19-2023 08:57 PM

Thursday Night Football: violence, unscripted, diverse.

Lune 08-19-2023 11:24 PM

^lol

True Detective Season 1 is GOAT television; I want to wipe my memory so I can watch it for the first time again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3637008)

I thought you hated gay people?

Trexller 08-19-2023 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune (Post 3637089)
^lol

True Detective Season 1 is GOAT television; I want to wipe my memory so I can watch it for the first time again.

I thought you hated gay people?

you don't know me!

how dare you assume sarah michelle gellar's and selma blair's genders

one of em could have a huge ragin' penis!

GinnasP99 08-20-2023 09:14 AM

Anyone else notice that the list is perfectly alphabetized ?

Origen 08-20-2023 09:32 AM

Foundation, Good Omens, I'm a Virgo, Barry.

Evia 08-20-2023 12:22 PM

I think OP would enjoy BG3.

nostalgiaquest 08-20-2023 12:29 PM

Good omens was really good. I read the book a few years ago and the show follows the story almost exactly. Which is something not a lot of show adaptations actually do.

ferminl15 08-28-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grims (Post 3636992)
Hello I would like to offer some crowd sourcing for TV series / web series suggestions.

I will list some of the shows I watch / why I enjoy them and encourage others to do so in order to find enjoyable new series for myself and others.

Series I have enjoyed and why:

Better Call Saul: Violence, psychological effect of drug usage on communities, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Breaking Bad: Violence, psychological effect of drug usage on communities, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Davinci's demons: Violence, Engineering, interesting historical references, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Game Of Thrones: Violence, Sex, Interesting politics/ psychological profiles, excellent CGI / battle scenes

Merlin: Violence, Sexuality, interesting characters, deep fantasy elements.

Rome (HBO): Violence, great battle scenes, Historical reference and interesting politics

Sherlock: Violence, mystery, interesting evolving characters, psychological profiles

Spartacus : Violence, Historical references, Sex, interesting politics/ psychological profiles, excellent battle scenes

Squid game: Interesting political and psychological profiles, violent elements

The Handsmaids Tale: Interesting political and psychological profiles, violent elements

The Sandman: Violence, interesting psychological profiles, good fight scenes, evolving characters.

The walking dead / spinoffs: Violence, very interesting evolving characters. I enjoyed all of them except for one (The world beyond) I found the development to be too slow paced.

The Wire: Violence, psychological effect of drug usage on communities, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

The witcher: Violence, Sexuality, interesting characters, deep fantasy elements.

Twisted metal: Violence, Sexuality, interesting characters.

Vikings: Violence, interesting historical references, psychological profiles on evolving characters.

Post analysis I enjoy watching violence, historical referenced material, psychologically evolving characters, interesting fight scenes and occasionally well thought out fantasy. Sorry about my lack of punctuation/ not editing I wanted to get this out there rather than focus on it like it is a college thesis

Thank you for your suggestions, please feel free to leave your own / favorite series or reflect on mine. I appreciate your time and effort reading this post and appreciate being able to check out your own favorite series.

Thank you so much for the list. I cannot find some of these because I don't have a subscription to the OTT platform they are streaming on. Is there any way I can watch those?