Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Sunday, February 10th, 2019 (/forums/showthread.php?t=317067)

Rygar 02-15-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadiki (Post 2862064)
P99 purposefully uses a non-classic interface.

Why would you even want this? Christ.

Because I'm a purist plain and simple. That not clear yet?

And don't pretend titanium client was intentional purely for the interface. I don't know the specifics of why it was chosen, but then again we've jousted over these points before.

dallasdirty 02-15-2019 05:15 PM

I did the update but it still tells me at the character selection screen that I need to visit here for the update - what did I miss?

Danth 02-15-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 2862079)
Because I'm a purist plain and simple. That not clear yet?

And don't pretend titanium client was intentional purely for the interface. I don't know the specifics of why it was chosen, but then again we've jousted over these points before.

Titanium was once a free public download so that probably had something to do with it.

The powers that be have their own limits. Some years back I recollect Haynar saying he had a fix for mousewheel scroll ready to go but was over-ruled. Likewise the admins here have said they have no intention of removing features like item linking or multiple chat windows because they like having those things, classic or not.

Danth

Grasmere 02-16-2019 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuterium (Post 2857845)
I have done the download and extracted to my P1999 titanium file. I continually get the the Character Screen and it says I need Spell Files. So I do the process again, V46 and been extracted and applied several times and deleted and redownloaded and reextracted. Still says I need spell files. Still disconnects me. Please HELP!! Thank you!

I am in the exact same situation. No spells and no characters. Has anyone found a way to resolve this?

Triiz 02-16-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Haynar: Added support for light sources - Credit original work from EQEmu.
Haven't seen anyone else mention it, this new light source action is epic.

Somehow my Dynamic Lighting in options got turned off so for the last few days I thought light sources were nerfed into the ground. Finally got it working now it's like when you first replace all the bulbs in your house with LEDs.

loramin 02-16-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasmere (Post 2862408)
I am in the exact same situation. No spells and no characters. Has anyone found a way to resolve this?

I've read that patching the files one at a time helps. It's some Windows issue.

Aandolaf 02-16-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triiz (Post 2862449)
Haven't seen anyone else mention it, this new light source action is epic.

Somehow my Dynamic Lighting in options got turned off so for the last few days I thought light sources were nerfed into the ground. Finally got it working now it's like when you first replace all the bulbs in your house with LEDs.

I've had no light sources from items/players since the patch as well. Tried toggling "Advanced Lighting" on/off and zoning, with no effect. is "Dynamic Lighting" something in the options that I just can't find/see?

Triiz 02-17-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aandolaf (Post 2862696)
I've had no light sources from items/players since the patch as well. Tried toggling "Advanced Lighting" on/off and zoning, with no effect. is "Dynamic Lighting" something in the options that I just can't find/see?

It's an option before you log in to the server
When you're at the screen where you enter your account password hit the escape button on your keyboard, it will take you back one screen, there will be an "Options" button, click that
It asks what graphics card, hit next
It asks about graphics for races, hit next
Then it will show you multiple options you can hover over to see what they do, turn Dynamic lighting on, hit next or finish whatever it is, completely restart the game and light sources should be working.

Aandolaf 02-17-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triiz (Post 2862954)
It's an option before you log in to the server
When you're at the screen where you enter your account password hit the escape button on your keyboard, it will take you back one screen, there will be an "Options" button, click that
It asks what graphics card, hit next
It asks about graphics for races, hit next
Then it will show you multiple options you can hover over to see what they do, turn Dynamic lighting on, hit next or finish whatever it is, completely restart the game and light sources should be working.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it

Lt7600 02-19-2019 06:29 PM

Anyone else having issues with research after the patch? When combining pages on my enchanter I get an error code message now?