Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   [Department of Fun] presents Druid Equinox, 3/20/17 starting @ 7pm EST (/forums/showthread.php?t=267981)

Sorn 03-10-2017 06:57 PM

[Department of Fun] presents Druid Equinox, 3/20/17 starting @ 7pm EST

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 8363
@-->--- ~*~*~*~*~ ---<--@

What better date to do a druid-themed event than on spring equinox, March 20th? Join us to celebrate the coming of spring and the miracle of new life with pixel loots and goofy shenanigans!

This event will run for a good couple of hours at least, until we run out of items. I have no set time. Those of you who participated in last year's easter egg hunt should have an inkling as to how much fun this will be. Newbies and those underprivileged in pixel possessions are encouraged to participate.

WHEN: 3/20/17, starting at 7pm EST/6pm CST/5pm MST/etc
WHERE: Greater Faydark
LEVEL TO PARTICIPATE: Levels 30 and below strongly preferred. Don't be anon!
CLASS: Any class can participate.
PRIZES: A secret! But stuff in our grab bag WILL be distributed during this event :)
HOW TO WIN: Also a secret! Please keep educated guesses to yourselves. Hint: you might want to brush up on your roleplay skills for part of it.

BUT SORN, I WANT TO DONATE!
Please contact anyone in Department of Fun to donate. Best person is me, aka Tadhg/Gladoree. I have mules just for DoF prizes! These mules will be moved from EC tunnel to gfaydark for the event.

BUT SORN, I WANT TO VOLUNTEER!
All volunteers welcome :) PM me for details. You must be available at least part of the event time. Staying for the entire thing is not required. The requirements for this one are a little stricter than other events, but we do have a little wiggle room.

BUT SORN, I'M A NEWBIE WHO ISN'T IN GFAY AND THE GUARDS WANT TO KILL ME!
You will not be required to be near the guards for most of the event, but you should be careful anyway. Please make friends with a porter to get over here. If there is no one you know, please contact Tadhg (me), Afeni, Speedi, or Ashon and explain what you need. Hopefully we will be able to help you. It is best to get moved about an hour before the event. Please please PLEASE be in a spot where you can be picked up easily, regardless of who is porting you.

BUT SORN, I CAN'T ROLEPLAY!
You're dead to me.

BUT SORN, WHEN IS THE NEXT RIVERVALE RACE?
I have no idea. I've done it twice now, what more do you people want?!

Questions? Comments? Snide remarks? Leave them here!

Vilkata 03-10-2017 07:03 PM

Ill be available on Ashon to port people over or if you want to make a woodelf/highelf I can help deliver any winnings to your mains.

Whirled 03-10-2017 07:14 PM

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...k2lfjt.jpg&f=1

If I am not working, I can help in some fashion.

Busher 03-10-2017 09:31 PM

But Sorn, when are you going to have a halfling hidive?

I've got my swimming up to 7

Sorn 03-10-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busher (Post 2484644)
I've got my swimming up to 7

Step 1: roll halfling rogue
Step 2: Jump off aviak tower in lake rathe
Step 3: ???
Step 4: win fabulous pixel prizes

Gumbo 03-11-2017 09:16 PM

The event sounds cool but on a Monday during prime time hours of real life activities?

Tupakk 03-11-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo (Post 2485107)
The event sounds cool but on a Monday during prime time hours of real life activities?

You would be surprised how popular Monday nights are for events.

Sorn 03-11-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo (Post 2485107)

We actually checked the pop in gfay on Mondays and it is surprisingly busy.

In any case, spring equinox waits for no one!

Tetsuo 03-12-2017 12:42 AM

gnome fighting ?!?!

Sorn 03-18-2017 03:14 AM

Bump because this is on Monday! DoF is ready!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetsuo (Post 2485180)
gnome fighting ?!?!

I won't say no to tiny fisticuffs if they happen.