Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Is 2hb actually worth skilling as warrior? (/forums/showthread.php?t=304976)

pijan 08-16-2018 12:50 PM

Is 2hb actually worth skilling as warrior?

I was looking through the wiki at 2hb weapons for warriors and it doesn't really seem like there are a ton of good options. Staff of battle was way up there, but even that isn't as good as duel wield or 2hs weapons after level 40. Am I missing something here? Is it just a nice thing to do or is there a practical reason I'd want to spend the time leveling this?

bigjeff100 08-16-2018 12:54 PM

You should be skilling up everything, regardless of whether you are gonna use it or not.. But no, i wouldn't be using 2h blunt to actually tank. But i always use 2 handers when i'm not MA! Love getting a chance to smash some big numbers out with a good 2hander.

Snaggles 08-16-2018 03:00 PM

DPS for the money arguably the staff of battle is your best weapon post lvl 30. It's a couple notches worse than an Exquisite velium 2h at 1/10th the price. The Truncheon of Doom is a pretty amazing utility item if you want to duo with a cleric or druid, once it procs you can swap to the SoB and keep clubbing.

I don't play a warrior but if I did would certainly keep those two items in my bag and train up 2hb.

Ravager 08-16-2018 04:30 PM

I don't play warriors, so I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'd think two one handers would be the better bet when you're tanking since you'll have double chances to proc aggro. But I'd definitely skill them all up, because it doesn't really take that long and you never know what you'll wanna use.

Varren 08-16-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 2758225)
DPS for the money arguably the staff of battle is your best weapon post lvl 30. It's a couple notches worse than an Exquisite velium 2h at 1/10th the price. The Truncheon of Doom is a pretty amazing utility item if you want to duo with a cleric or druid, once it procs you can swap to the SoB and keep clubbing.

I don't play a warrior but if I did would certainly keep those two items in my bag and train up 2hb.

I will affirm that the truncheon is very good.

I never really use 2hers unless I am getting torn up by a damage shield or am really trying hard not to get aggro v another warrior or a monk. I did use the Oggok Cleaver at times when I wished to see some huge crippling blows. I still keep Staff of Battle around at 60, though, cause I don’t feel like dropping plat on a better one and the dice haven’t fallen well when better 2hers have dropped.

definitely not Draconite 08-16-2018 08:37 PM

Truncheon of DOOM is a must have item for a warrior. MUST have. Reducing damage by 50% and then popping disc for 35% reduction of the remaining damage (17.5% effecting reduced damage) basically makes any slowable merb trivial.

Bummey 08-17-2018 02:50 AM

The lower your 2hb skill, the longer low level mobs will survive while you try to proc your OT hammer.

demokatt 08-17-2018 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by definitely not Draconite (Post 2758432)
Truncheon of DOOM is a must have item for a warrior. MUST have. Reducing damage by 50% and then popping disc for 35% reduction of the remaining damage (17.5% effecting reduced damage) basically makes any slowable merb trivial.

I tried this method on my ranger with Swarmcaller but I had problems getting any use of it since it procced so seldom or too late that I often had lost more than I gained from it.

Perhaps the Truncheon procs faster or is it just based on DEX?

Troxx 08-17-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bummey (Post 2758563)
The lower your dexterity, the longer low level mobs will survive while you try to proc your OT hammer.

Fixed that for you. Weapons fire at a fixed rated depending on your dexterity. Whether you hit/miss/double/single attack is irrelevant.

Snaggles 08-17-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demokatt (Post 2758587)
I tried this method on my ranger with Swarmcaller but I had problems getting any use of it since it procced so seldom or too late that I often had lost more than I gained from it.

Perhaps the Truncheon procs faster or is it just based on DEX?

Nope, same RNG dice toss as a Swarmcaller. Main difference being that a warrior with a slow proc weapon is more ideal.

Even if you keep the ToD/Swarmcaller equipped for the first few swings there is a chance of a proc to trivialize the fight. With a duo healing or dps'ing you can wait longer before you switch out for another weapon since your personal dps is less important than the efficiency of the grind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 2758603)
Fixed that for you. Weapons fire at a fixed rated depending on your dexterity. Whether you hit/miss/double/single attack is irrelevant.

Aren't some weapons more likely to proc per swing based on slow delay? e.g.: An Earthshaker at 70 delay is almost twice as likely to proc as a ToD at 44?

I completely agree with the rest. Just curious if in theory you slowed yourself if the OT hammer would have a more likely chance to proc per swing.