Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Global OOC necessary (/forums/showthread.php?t=148844)

Greegon 04-28-2014 03:15 AM

Global OOC necessary

It really is though, on a server with such a low population people need to be able to find groups, ask for ports and all of that good stuff.

I get that some people are turned off by what people say sometimes but honestly it's great.

Blacks_ 04-28-2014 03:47 AM

I'm still scratching my head on this one. They seem so uninformed, and yet they are in charge.

phacemeltar 04-28-2014 04:02 AM

LFG in cities. reminds me of wow

JPMorgan 04-28-2014 04:02 AM

Bring back global OOC. Put it in level brackets if you're worried about the high lvl rivalries intimidating new players on the server. It just makes sense with the exp bonus being group oriented.

vinnidel 04-28-2014 04:08 AM

Should at least be some OPTION to OPT into global ooc (if this isn't an option already?).

Aussie 04-28-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greegon (Post 1431324)
on a server with such a low population

Server pop DOUBLED on the 1st day of these new changes.

Let's see what comes of it before throwing the idea out the window.

Littlegyno 11.0 04-28-2014 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie (Post 1431356)

tru dat tru dat. don't listen to these toxic players aussie pal. staff has got box on the right course.

onward to red box victory. pras the duke.

JPMorgan 04-28-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlegyno 11.0 (Post 1431367)
pras the duke.

Can someone clarify if "the duke" is nihil's old leader who got banned for RMTing?

Thanks.

Greegon 04-28-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie (Post 1431356)

OK not trying to bash the server at all by any means but as Chewie so kindly pointed there were less people at all times actually playing than were showing up at the home screen. Also, even if the pop is at 200 at all times this is still a lot lower than it was in the glorious beginning of the server that a lot of us really miss.. Some of the changes I think are really beneficial to the server but having made a fresh character from scratch and leveling up a little bit I realized that not having global OOC could be a little bit of a burden down the road. Also, having logged on a level 51 guildless melee toon in feerott I realized there was little I could do to get around to leveling areas so I promptly logged off. After logging into my 60 druid, I of course couldn't see anyone's requests for ports or whatnot and obviously couldn't help in those regards and turning off /anon for a lot of people is not an option. Having global ooc would enable such kind saints as linuxcaller and neefin to port people upon request. /ignore is always an option--just like on the forums!

JP's idea seems good to me-- 1-50 and then 50-60 would be great.

Littlegyno 11.0 04-28-2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPMorgan (Post 1431375)
Can someone clarify if "the duke" is nihil's old leader who got banned for RMTing?

Thanks.

unsubstantiated rumors. toxic behavior. pls refrain from this in the future.