Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What to do with 50k? (/forums/showthread.php?t=243364)

Jotei 05-19-2016 11:14 AM

Kelsoider,

If you are unable to decide on the best use of your savings, you may entrust it with me and rest easily with the knowledge that it has been put to the best use possible in reclaiming the throne of my homeland. The choice is yours friend!

Scrapiron 05-19-2016 11:52 AM

buy 100,000 bone chips

Gumbo 05-19-2016 06:34 PM

Oh sure... Brag about having 50k in platinum.

Why not donate some of it to me and I can brag along with you or brag to people that you donated the amount to me and I can brag about you...

Scrapiron 05-19-2016 06:46 PM

Buy a halfling man servant and name him 'Woodhouse'

iruinedyourday 05-19-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloroform (Post 2277895)
Fungi tunic for monk or shaman you wont regret it

you might regret the shaman when you realize the cost of spells outweighs the return of pixels any sane person could possibly farm :P

iruinedyourday 05-19-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder73 (Post 2278028)
1) Buy MQs/Gems for your Velious class armor
2) Save for Epic (I know you think it's out of reach, but w/o cash it's REALLY out of reach most likely)
3) J boots - can camp this but GL getting the camp, its a pain.
4) Fungi would be an OK investment....or you can just go camp one since your 59?

I know casters are not very gear dependent, but part of the fun of EQ is decking your main out to the teeth...however if you buy a Fungi or CoF or some other item that isnt no drop you can liquidate it back for PP (or even a gain)

I agree with this stuff mostly.

Is your mage a dark elf? Fuckn get the helot skull helm for that sweet skull helm graphic.. get a crimson robe of arudine for that sweet rainbow robe looking graphic.. get a Insignia protector for that sweet golden shield and just throw on some boots of fire for those cool ass orange shoes... once you get your epic youll look so fucking awesome like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Om8MTEr.jpg

On of my time travel bucketlist achievements in life would be traveling back in time naming my charter Skittles rolling a darkelf mage and getting all teh gearz and becoming an EQ vintage legend.

Frudrura 05-19-2016 07:01 PM

Leveling a Monk with a Fungi tunic is pretty awesome. Leveling is a breeze. Might be a nice change of pace. You can group if you want to. The nice thing is, more or less no matter what happens or what is going on, as long as you have the fungi you can keep going, the hp regen is great. If you like to solo, you can go to obscure places that groups never go to like Dalnir or Kaesora is great xp when you get late 30s.

kelsoider 05-19-2016 10:58 PM

Lol wow great suggestions. Thanks for the info Zorlon; I'll definitely hit you up. I was wondering; does the focus staff just increase pet hp like the torch n such?

I have jboots so I'm set there. Don't really need a lev cloak as if I need lev I have a ring summoning spell. Weightless bags would be a good idea. Especially if I decide to roll a monk.
So far I'm leaning towards a fungi monk or the halfling manservant.
Lol@Tekila

azeth 05-20-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelsoider (Post 2278630)
I was wondering; does the focus staff just increase pet hp like the torch n such?

As far as I remember the torch/broom/shovel/stein do not affect level 50+ pets whatsoever.

You must wield a focus staff to give them innate perks

Jotei 05-20-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelsoider (Post 2278630)
Lol wow great suggestions. Thanks for the info Zorlon; I'll definitely hit you up. I was wondering; does the focus staff just increase pet hp like the torch n such?

I have jboots so I'm set there. Don't really need a lev cloak as if I need lev I have a ring summoning spell. Weightless bags would be a good idea. Especially if I decide to roll a monk.
So far I'm leaning towards a fungi monk or the halfling manservant.
Lol@Tekila

It's Tekilia ^^