Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Just started this week (/forums/showthread.php?t=251780)

WillzZz 09-02-2016 02:36 AM

Just started this week

Just thought I'd say hi! I was craving the nostalgia of playing EQ and finally buckled down to play! So happy I did, I'm really enjoying it. The community is great! I played from beta to PoP, mostly on Rallos Zek, Tarew Marr and Maelin Starpyre, and also went back for the launch of the first progression server while I was between jobs so I... immersed myself in Norrath for a few months! This seems a lot more laid back, and I'm super surprised by how many players are on the server, and having a blast grouping!

In-game I'm Ooats, a level 7 Wood Elf Druid. I'm hanging around Crushbone. I'm planning to play him as a solo character and level up another character for grouping I always wanted to play: A bard!

How hard are bards to level solo? Might just roll the bard now to save myself the wasted time.

Cheers!

Nune 09-03-2016 12:15 AM

Welcome!

Bards are the best solo class in the game in the aspect they can swarm kite. If cheesy isnt your flavor, they're great in groups for songs so lacking gear wont kill you. I'd level that druid up to 44 or 49 or so and port people for money if youre new here. Endless demand of guaranteed money

EQBallzz 09-03-2016 01:42 AM

Welcome!

Ganzou 09-03-2016 05:30 AM

There is also a nice soloing way besides massive AE kiting, the standard swarm kiting with charm.

WillzZz 09-03-2016 07:13 PM

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys! I'll try to collect some plats and then start a bard and play them both if I can. Having loads of fun! See ya out there!

Necryn 09-03-2016 08:38 PM

If i am ever on ill send you a tell and we can group. i swarm kite on my bard lol. even if he is only level 3 right now :-/ work is taking to much of my time it seems to actually level him

Fung_Quellious 09-07-2016 04:14 PM

Welcome!

I just came back to game as a bard also for couple of weeks, been away from live eq for like 7 years and figured I should give this classic server a try. Pretty surprised also there are actually players in the beginning zones hah havent seen this for years!

My game name is funng if you need any bard related advice :)

Usually on late night PST.

maskedmelonpai 09-14-2016 11:05 AM

Welcome back, Ooats! Don't be a bard!