Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Need Advice from the Community (/forums/showthread.php?t=259390)

rayeatts 12-04-2016 04:15 AM

Need Advice from the Community

Everyone,

I'm working on starting a new painting business in the Raleigh Durham Metro Area. It's referred to as the Triangle by many people, in case you weren't familiar with that term.

I have a few names I'm considering for my business and I wanted YOUR advice! Which of these names do you think would be the best?

Pick-A-Pro Painting
Above and Beyond Painting
Triangle's Choice Painting
Triangle Paint Contractors
Robert's Superior Painting

You can pick more than one if you want!

Thanks so much in advance for all the help everybody!

skarlorn 12-04-2016 04:28 AM

Bushes' Tower Painters

Jimjam 12-04-2016 04:48 AM

Reference the tidiness of your job, your professionalism and the area with something like

"Straight Edge Painting".

Maybe too obscure though.

eadric 12-04-2016 06:49 AM

Antebellum Nostalgia Painting, with Confederate flags on the sides of your vans.

Izmael 12-04-2016 07:13 AM

No paint no gaint

R Flair 12-04-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarlorn (Post 2415979)
Bushes' Tower Painters

beat me to it rofl

Daywolf 12-04-2016 08:00 AM

gotta say depends on your business model. Probably should be reflected in the name, more than just painting. You are targeting a consumer with a service company, so you want to attract people that can get an idea of what to expect from the name, so less complainers :o

Here is how you can define your business model :D

*Price
*Quality
*Speed
-Pick any two.

So like the super painting, sounds like price + speed vaguely. A guy that owns a bunch of apartments would probably hit you up, cant see it from his house. A name with pro in it, maybe quality and speed, residential home owners and such. Name with contractors in it, price and quality in new construction or something.

I'd probably leave the location name out, be flexible and pull accounts in from surrounding areas. Personal names maybe out too, unless you are servicing mainly retirement mobile parks or something .. or subcontracting then it doesn't matter.

Bush's molten steel wet and jet paint contractors inc.
-You set 'em up and we knock em' down!

maskedmelon 12-04-2016 12:14 PM

Triangle Paint Contractors sounds most professional ^^ Might also consider Quality Paint Contracting, Expert Painting, Performance Paint Contractors, Triangle Paintworks

Csihar 12-04-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayeatts (Post 2415977)
Pick-A-Pro Painting

Sounds like an amateur and/or a person who hired his unemployed cousin as a marketing consultant. Don't go with that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayeatts (Post 2415977)
Above and Beyond Painting
Triangle's Choice Painting

If forced to make a choice I'd go with one of these. Most professional sounding.

Nymphomancer 12-04-2016 04:08 PM

Parson's Painting
Perfect Painting
Paddington's Paints
Angry Mongoloid Paint Pals
Paint Pals
Paint Saints
Jimmy Wong and the Painters
Cradle of Blood and Paint
The Taint Painters
Umbilical Noose Inc.