Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Just got the vaccine and right away feel different in bad way, should I call doctor?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=392987)

unsunghero 10-09-2021 03:39 PM

Just got the vaccine and right away feel different in bad way, should I call doctor??

1 Attachment(s)
Since getting the shot, I’ve noticed I feel like being a pompous asshole to people who don’t have the vaccine. Is this side effect going to go away or should I call a doctor? I fear it will only get worse in time

Team Moderna, wussup?

I had to get this in order to keep working in the field I am. That’s just how medical has become, and if they are bluffing about mass firing unvaccinated people in a labor shortage, I ain’t calling the bluff. It would be too radical a lifestyle change to switch career fields atm

If anyone wants me to edit out the name and send you a blank copy hit me up. $50 per i accent venmo. Kidding…

pink grapefruit 10-09-2021 03:49 PM

https://i.imgur.com/LrLLtzj.jpg

Ooloo 10-09-2021 03:57 PM

You'll probably be fine, but you may get drunk on sanctimonious moral superiority. Also, you might get some kind of horrible side effect years from now, since it has only existed for barely a year and we have no data on long term effects.

Also that karen costume is hot af.

Gravydoo II 10-09-2021 04:07 PM

Yep. You gonna feel like shit for a few days. It happens. Same thing in the military. When everyone got vaccinated, people were feeling terrible, so they take it easy on you the next few days. Flu vaccine does the same to me.

Ooloo 10-09-2021 04:19 PM

What? Most people do not have adverse reactions to any vaccine. Because those vaccines were heavily vetted and refined for 5 to 10 years, to be both effective and safe.

Gravy has seemingly no concern for the rapid, emergency authorization for this one particular vaccine, that was developed and deployed in less than a year. With no long term data yet on efficacy or safety. For a disease that is not even very dangerous for the vast majority of people, unlike polio or small pox or measles.

pink grapefruit 10-09-2021 04:23 PM

The second dose of the covid vaccine and this year's flu shot really messed me up. Both nights of I got zero sleep and spent the time sweating and tossing and turning in bed.

I still had to go to work ofc bc we don't get sick days.

Introducing these safe antigens into our systems to trigger an immune response is a very good thing, but that doesn't make it fun.

Horza 10-09-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3372879)
What? Most people do not have adverse reactions to any vaccine. Because those vaccines were heavily vetted and refined for 5 to 10 years, to be both effective and safe.

Gravy has seemingly no concern for the rapid, emergency authorization for this one particular vaccine, that was developed and deployed in less than a year. With no long term data yet on efficacy or safety. For a disease that is not even very dangerous for the vast majority of people, unlike polio or small pox or measles.

Sounds like you've never gotten a flu shot before, Baler.

Ooloo 10-09-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horza (Post 3372881)
Sounds like you've never gotten a flu shot before, Baler.

I have actually a couple times in the 00's, when there was a particularly bad flu season occuring. I felt fine.

Again, the description of the covid vaccine for most people is "You're gonna feel pretty crappy".

Well, that's exactly the same description for covid itself, and for the vast majority of healthy people, the natural immunity they incur by simply getting the virus and recovering is far more protective than the current vaccines. This data is freely available from the CDC.

Also I'm not Baler.

nostalgiaquest 10-09-2021 05:35 PM

Felt nothing from either of my two covid shots.

Got the yellow fever vaccine a few years ago before traveling to South America and it kicked my ass for a few days. Have also gotten sick from flu shots.

Jibartik 10-09-2021 05:40 PM

Yooo moderna wasssup!

I got sick as f from shot #2 but I am a huge pussy.