Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Auction Zones of Different Servers (/forums/showthread.php?t=307430)

Kittens 09-21-2018 02:33 PM

The Auction Zones of Different Servers

Hi all! I remember that when I used to play on Xegony the main auction zone was actually Greater Faydark right next to the Kelethin bank instead of EC Tunnel. That was always fun and the bank was always right next to the auction area. Actually, now that I think about it, there might be an advantage to Kelethin bank as an auction area for KoS races -- if you jump off Kelethin because your invis popped the guard or whoever is attacking you might path to the elevators to get off of Kelethin giving you time to camp. Additionally, there are non-KOS Wizard Spires in GFay making it directly portable to by Wizards and Druid Ring is one zone over in Butcher Block.

Where was the auction zone on your server?

bigjeff100 09-21-2018 02:39 PM

Was EC on original Fennin Ro. I like the idea of it being next to a bank though.. We should have a serverwide change in locations.

snyder43 09-21-2018 02:44 PM

It was in North Freeport near the bank on Saryrn during Classic, iirc.

I like the idea of having it in GFay since you can port directly there, in addition to having a bank close by. It would also make people seek out wizards for ports.

MiRo2 09-21-2018 02:46 PM

On Tallon Zek it was Greater Faydark for good races and the Overthere for evil races.

Issar 09-21-2018 02:49 PM

Hey Kittens, I played on Xegony as well. IIRC EC eventually became the hub in late classic, but I definitely remember a ton of action in Kelethin too. I remember staring in awe at the elven lowbies heavily twinked in their full suits of bronze, while dual wielding bladed thulian claws and dragoon dirks, maybe even an SSoY. One day, I was going to have an alt like them!

Baler 09-21-2018 02:52 PM

I remember one of the servers back in the day, Gfay was the main trade hub. forget which one.
edit: I think this was actually it
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiRo2 (Post 2778496)
On Tallon Zek it was Greater Faydark for good races and the Overthere for evil races.

Arkanjil 09-21-2018 03:14 PM

I propose we move the hub to GFAY

Baler 09-21-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkanjil (Post 2778525)

I really can't argue. It would make wizards useful again.

Phenyo 09-21-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkanjil (Post 2778525)

This would be fun

zodium 09-21-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittens (Post 2778486)
Hi all! I remember that when I used to play on Xegony the main auction zone was actually Greater Faydark right next to the Kelethin bank instead of EC Tunnel. That was always fun and the bank was always right next to the auction area. Actually, now that I think about it, there might be an advantage to Kelethin bank as an auction area for KoS races -- if you jump off Kelethin because your invis popped the guard or whoever is attacking you might path to the elevators to get off of Kelethin giving you time to camp. Additionally, there are non-KOS Wizard Spires in GFay making it directly portable to by Wizards and Druid Ring is one zone over in Butcher Block.

Where was the auction zone on your server?

Xegonyman here, and damn, I factioned my Ogre Warrior for banking in Kelethin. It was awesome being factioned as an ogre in elf city, somehow.