Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Monk Tstaff VS AC / SOS and Epic / SoS (/forums/showthread.php?t=386070)

TripleLegit 06-06-2021 05:58 PM

Monk Tstaff VS AC / SOS and Epic / SoS

I know this has been discussed extensively, but many of the posts I’ve found are older and they are inconsistent with some of the answers I get in Game.

At what point does AC / SOS become better dps than Tstaff? I’ve heard sometime in the 40’s but no one says that anymore. Also, what about epic (bare fist) and sos offhand.

Thanks in advanced.

Man0warr 06-07-2021 12:27 AM

The formula for 1H (and 2H until final Velious patch revamps damage bonus based on delay) Damage Bonus is (Level - 25) / 3. You'd have to do some more math to get rough DPS but around late 40s/low level 50s is when AC/SoS overtake 29/30.

Epic/SoS is the best 1H combo you can get in Kunark outside of two Wu's Fist of Mastery.

All this goes out the window in the final pre-Luclin patch when 2H damage bonus is revamped to scale upwards based on Delay - then there are a few 2H that are comparable or better than the best 1H setups.

Edit - if you are mostly soloing or tanking for groups it's still probably worth using TStaff even up to 60 just because you'll trigger less enemy ripostes, your ripostes will do more damage, and TStaff stun lowers enemy DPS by a non-zero amount. The Adamantite Club proc isn't great for just DPSing in a group because it generates a lot of aggro.

TripleLegit 06-07-2021 12:39 AM

Thank you, that is very helpful!

DMN 06-08-2021 02:24 PM

if you are looking for max damage you have to consider the hidden fist technique on a two hander. dontcha? its actually one of the very few slight advantages to playing a human have over ikky monk.

Toxigen 06-08-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3319270)
if you are looking for max damage you have to consider the hidden fist technique on a two hander. dontcha? its actually one of the very few slight advantages to playing a human have over ikky monk.

huh? iksars can do it too

the simple answer is just use T staff unless you're a dps monk on a high lvl raid target

odds are you're taking dmg - the dmg mitigation of t staff (or any decent 2 hander like IFS / peacebringer) more than makes up any slight loss in dmg

theres a good reason why t staves are 50-60k

DMN 06-08-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3319297)
huh? iksars can do it too

the simple answer is just use T staff unless you're a dps monk on a high lvl raid target

ya they can but they have a worse ratio on their fists.

Man0warr 06-08-2021 04:20 PM

Everyone has the same ratio with Epic :D

Also 2h/fist swapping is more trouble than it's worth. But technically it's max DPS.

Stonewallx39 06-09-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man0warr (Post 3319376)
Also 2h/fist swapping is more trouble than it's worth. But technically it's max DPS.

Yes…. I agree with this definitely not worth it… id be happy to take that t-staff of your hands so you can focus on 1hb…

Snaggles 06-10-2021 06:23 AM

Parse it. These days with the 2h bonus damage change maybe never. 15/25 is a pretty gross MH ratio.

Toxigen 06-11-2021 09:49 AM

IFS is probably the best bang-for-buck monk weapon out there for the solo / small group tanking monk.

Wildly underrated, 10% the cost of a T staff...can essentially have a IFS and Fungi for the same price. That super slow speed makes it really easy to swap out for the fist attacks too if you're a sperg about dps.

If you've got the cash, then T staff no question of course.