Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mechanics to sell high value item (/forums/showthread.php?t=396862)

wunderon 12-26-2021 08:14 PM

Mechanics to sell high value item

Dumb question but how would one safely sell or purchase an item worth more plat than I can carry? Is there and understood process?

starkind 12-26-2021 08:19 PM

Sow + levitate

PatChapp 12-26-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunderon (Post 3403679)
Dumb question but how would one safely sell or purchase an item worth more plat than I can carry? Is there and understood process?

Meet at a bank if possible.

Nibblewitz 12-26-2021 08:40 PM

You can move with any amount of plat if you have a run speed increase, albeit slowly. Many people have level 5 bards parked in EC tunnel to accomplish this.

Jibartik 12-26-2021 08:47 PM

congrats on all the hard work OP!

also make sure when you are slow walking from the bank as you enter the tunnel, try to do a litte hop, off that tiny edge where the wall of the tunnel meets the ground.

azxten 12-27-2021 07:44 PM

Trade the plat to someone and start walking, opening the trade window removes the weight from you, if you don't do anything like open your inventory the weight remains removed for about 30 seconds. Pet classes can trade to their pet like this and move indefinitely with no weight restriction.

Or meet at the bank if you're a pansy. It's better to run to the bank and get the amount in copper then trade run back to the seller leaving them with a ridiculous amount of copper and you say, "Do you want it or not?" Then delete it if they don't accept the trade because you didn't need the money anyway since your bank is maxed out in all metals from having no life. This is how the pros do it.

Swish 12-27-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azxten (Post 3403951)
Trade the plat to someone and start walking, opening the trade window removes the weight from you, if you don't do anything like open your inventory the weight remains removed for about 30 seconds. Pet classes can trade to their pet like this and move indefinitely with no weight restriction.

Or meet at the bank if you're a pansy. It's better to run to the bank and get the amount in copper then trade run back to the seller leaving them with a ridiculous amount of copper and you say, "Do you want it or not?" Then delete it if they don't accept the trade because you didn't need the money anyway since your bank is maxed out in all metals from having no life. This is how the pros do it.

Fat cat 101

Dulian 12-27-2021 08:46 PM

Make sure to levitate. I was purchasing a cleric epic years ago for 40k and someone was sitting in NFP bank. Because he was on the ground when I walked over him I got some air, and when I hit the ground, I took tens of thousands of damage and died.

unleashedd 12-28-2021 03:40 AM

was carrying 27k to EC with sow and lev. lev dropped while i was a foot off the ground. took about 700dmg

make the seller come to a bank

Jibartik 12-28-2021 04:15 AM

Im telling you theres nothing funnier than that family guy fall when you sprain your ankle and take 32k damage on that little 1 inch ledge where the cave begins