Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Top Aggro Weapons Discussion (/forums/showthread.php?t=61673)

ownrage 01-20-2012 10:45 AM

Top Aggro Weapons Discussion

So far in another thread we've come together and decided here is the current list of aggro weapons. The order appears to first prioritize the actual proc vs dps ratio. Some could argue that the sarnak warhammer belongs right under the Yak Scimitar since its ratio and chance to proc might come faster than the Yak club/sword.

Also this list is Pre-VP since only two guilds are currently farming it. Perhaps some could chime in!

Primary:
Epic
BotBDE
RMoY
Sarnak Warhammer
Yak Scimitar
Yak club
Yak sword
Silken Whip of Ensnaring
Bloodpoints?

Offhand:
BotBDE
Yak Mace
Trochilic's Skean (might be ranked higher than yak mace but proc rate is unknown)

Daldaen 01-20-2012 02:36 PM

It is my understanding that 1h damage is much higher here than it was on live, making the aggro gained through just normal weapon DPS pretty high. I'm fairly certain a high ratio weapon will beat out Yak sword or club for example...

RahlaeRuffian 01-21-2012 07:16 PM

Journeyman's Walking Stick is also good for aggro...procs Tashani

Jigga 01-22-2012 12:52 AM

unless the weapon has a modifed proc rate all weapon should proc the same rate regardless of delay. Example is the earthshaker strat and slowing yourself to almost 100% guarantee a proc on the first swing when extremely delayed. You are set to proc x amount of times per min. If you are only swinging once or twice a min then you are procing almost 100% of the time but still proccing just as much per min as if you were hasted

Fianna 01-22-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 529081)
It is my understanding that 1h damage is much higher here than it was on live, making the aggro gained through just normal weapon DPS pretty high. I'm fairly certain a high ratio weapon will beat out Yak sword or club for example...

Do you have a link to any threads discussing this or is it yoiur own speculation?

ownrage 01-25-2012 11:23 AM

I think I'm going to have to rank sarnak warhammer higher than the yaks...even the scimitar. So far in my travels, I've noticed a much easier ability to hold aggro using the sarnak warhammer than the scimitar of ykhesha.

Daldaen 01-27-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fianna (Post 531097)
Do you have a link to any threads discussing this or is it yoiur own speculation?

I don't have a high level warrior but I'm pretty sure higher warriors could confirm that melee DPS is decently high aggro here and proc weapons aren't as effective as they were on live.

Jjlent 01-27-2012 07:34 PM

i'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of what u say daldaen, melee dps is no agro here and proc weapons are 100% required to keep agro. on live melee dps(fast weapon with good ratio ie. jade mace) was good agro whereas on p99 it doesn't hold agro

Daldaen 01-27-2012 07:39 PM

Hrmm... interesting. Could've sworn I'd read and heard that it was pretty easy to hold aggro with 2 wurmslayers or other good DPS weapons...

Fianna 02-01-2012 12:06 PM

So basically you are both speculating? Can you provide any links? Not trying to be overly critical, I am merely curious.