Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Are quakes random? (/forums/showthread.php?t=325834)

saftbudet 05-18-2019 04:19 PM

Are quakes random?

Are quakes really random or spawned by roegan /Nilbog ?

Truly wonder of selfish reasons. I been waiting months for a quake not being prime us time. Again for the selfish reason of all 8th ring rolls are in the middle of the night for me.

So if quakes are not random. Could I ask for some more variety regarding spawn time for your european and asian p99 fans?

Otherwise thank you for a nice service.

Oleris 05-18-2019 04:26 PM

They were programmed in for a while. The code broke and it appears since then it's been triggered by only Rogean & Nilbog. It would be nice if there were 3 random quakes, but at the same time I enjoy the weekend prime time ones.

saftbudet 05-18-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleris (Post 2912058)
They were programmed in for a while. The code broke and it appears since then it's been triggered by only Rogean & Nilbog. It would be nice if there were 3 random quakes, but at the same time I enjoy the weekend prime time ones.

I understand I hope they fix the random trigger than. I do not understand how hard it could be. If they made a trigger. And it broke. Than it should be easy to fix?

I will plead to their human hearts then for more European and Asian prime time quakes. Plz plz plz quake for the entire planet!

Iksar Master Race 05-18-2019 05:14 PM

It's nice to come first in a game finally. Every other game in the world we have to deal with being last or missing out on stuff because of time zones. I wish I could say I feel bad for you but I don't. MURICA!!!

mycoolrausch 05-18-2019 08:34 PM

Random would be good if it had a bias in the RNG to favor prime time hours, while still allowing for the occasional and unpredictable off hours quake. With the RNG based on a per minute proc chance rather than per month they would remain uncampable, and moreso than currently where 3+ weeks without a quake the weekends start looking juicy.

aaezil 05-18-2019 09:31 PM

Long answer no

short answer no

Legidias 05-19-2019 02:34 AM

It was never automated. They use a RNG (dunno if in game or third party online app) to detemine how many / when earthquakes are. When that time rolls around, Rogean / nilbog manually trigger it.

Nirgon 05-19-2019 03:33 AM

Server is overfarmed and in no way a classic experience anymore

End the quakes

Ravager 05-19-2019 04:26 AM

It was overfarmed from the start, so it makes no difference. Let them eat quake.

Linksfather 05-21-2019 06:36 AM

No they are not random.