Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   You get some sort of visible warning for missing AFK checks? (/forums/showthread.php?t=340440)

DMN 11-10-2019 05:08 PM

You get some sort of visible warning for missing AFK checks?

Pretty simple. Need answer.

Baler 11-10-2019 05:10 PM

semi-related

You are not in range of a list to join.
You have been added to the list.
You are already on a list. You are position 1.
You have left your item list zone. If you do not return to the camp within 900 seconds, you will be removed from the list.

Sorry I don't have an answer for failing the afk check. :(

DMN 11-10-2019 05:12 PM

I'm hoping it works where hwen you do finally click, then the yellow warning pops up. otherwise the warning could be spammed off the screen.

Magikarp 11-10-2019 05:49 PM

There is no warning in chat that warns that you're about to fail an afk check.

Unless they changed it since beta, it's just the box that pops up as part of the regular afk checks. If you let it sit for 3-5 min or so (also appeared to be variable when I tested it), it fails. Then you get a message for failing the check.

As Baler mentioned, there are however chat messages warning that you have left range and a countdown has started.

DMN 11-10-2019 07:02 PM

No warning? Why? Ya litterally get a warning for going too far from camp and another reminder when you return to it...

Videri 11-10-2019 07:05 PM

Ah, you're hoping to create an audio trigger for it? I'll bet they left out a chat-based warning for that on purpose.

stewe 11-10-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3020061)
Ah, you're hoping to create an audio trigger for it? I'll bet they left out a chat-based warning for that on purpose.

ppl seem to try anything around here to game the system

DMN 11-10-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3020061)

No. And what part about "visible" confused you so.

Videri 11-10-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3020066)
No. And what part about "visible" confused you so.

The box that pops up to prompt you to click "OK" is visible.

If there was a message in chat, we could use GINA or GamParse to make a "ding" sound while we watch a movie or work out or cook food IRL. Alas, we must actually look at the Everquest screen.

As for me, I watched some YouTube in a window smaller than my EQ screen and I positioned the AFK check box so I could see it when it appeared. Would that solution work for you?

DMN 11-10-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3020072)
The box that pops up to prompt you to click "OK" is visible.

If there was a message in chat, we could use GINA or GamParse to make a "ding" sound while we watch a movie or work out or cook food IRL. Alas, we must actually look at the Everquest screen.

As for me, I watched some YouTube in a window smaller than my EQ screen and I positioned the AFK check box so I could see it when it appeared. Would that solution work for you?

So i take a piss, come back and the box is up. Did I miss it or not? It's really not complicated.