Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Progression? (/forums/showthread.php?t=592)

binibren 11-04-2009 06:08 PM

Progression?

Hello all,

I'm new around here having discovered Project 1999 just a few days ago. I've been looking around for the exact rule set on the server but haven't been able to find it. What I'm most curious about are changes from classic (xp modifiers, class bonuses, etc) and the time scale for implementing kunark and velious. I've seen a few references to it being similar to original (which would be kunark at 1 year) but nothing official.

Looking forward to old school EQ gaming.

Cheers,

Binibren of Bristlebane

President 11-04-2009 06:23 PM

Everything should be how it was on classic (aside from like.. UI)..

I don't think weve received official word on how progression will work, i can't imagine they will wait a year to release Kunark as people know the game and are leveling much faster than before (even with less time to play). But I hope they let most people get a shot at the content before they release Kunark.

Reiker 11-04-2009 09:58 PM

Cutting inbetween-expansion time in half would be perfect, I think. That means about another 5 months until Kunark, and then about 4-5 months after that for Velious.

Yoite 11-05-2009 10:24 AM

i like it slow...well, acuatlly, i like it anyway i can get it ^_^

Tengo 11-05-2009 10:35 AM

I would not be totally opposed to Kunark in half, but it has A LOT to offer. So I would be against Velious being released so shortly after. Maybe its the fact that Kunark was my favorite expansion hehe...

Kaleadar 11-05-2009 12:47 PM

Here is the issue...

With progression servers, if you release content to fast you run into the issue of not being able to release anything new.

After velious is released the server will have 2 choices

1. deal with it
2. Wipe server and restart

Personally I am in no rush to get to either of those. If you decided to lvl to 50 in 1 week and farm everything known to man, it’s going to suck for you....

On the other hand I would like to hear the "official" word on this so we as players have an idea of what to expect. Also id like to have atleast 2 months warning before and expantion went into effect

thrawnseg 11-05-2009 12:51 PM

If they are talented enough, you can always have custom content appear after Velious.

guineapig 11-05-2009 01:19 PM

So is P1999 deadset against Luclin?

It doesn't matter to me because I could be going through content from Kunark/Velious forever but I'm just curious.

Yeah, the official word would be great. Won't make me any less a supporter whatever their answer is. I just want enough notice as mentioned previously to prepare for the content.

karsten 11-05-2009 02:56 PM

pretty sure luclin is the reason most of us quit in the first place, brew

Enchia 11-05-2009 05:05 PM

Personally, I would LOVE to see 'progression' follow the same as SoE (cringe to admit it) did when they released a progression server (actually 2 at once but let's not go there). You had to 'open' the expansions by killing dieties or complete long quests similar to epics but on a guild-size level. The true power gamers came out and ruined it by opening everything too damn fast even though there was a time-restriction between expansions. With the smaller player base here, and everybody's attitude and friendliness, it could be a blast to see that done again... then... just maybe... start all over again once we hit a certain point. Maybe...

Now, that said, it would be a test of how far the players really want to go. If we don't want luclin as some have suggested in this thread, we won't chase down the quests and mobs to open it. simple enough. The game stays as we want it... as we are able to progress it. Now, a minimul time must be set between expansions which will have to be decided by the organizers and programmers. Also, I realize this will require some special programming just to accomplish from the server side, but it can be done.

Sure, eventually, some power-hungry person would organize enough ppl who liked luclin or PoP... or further. This thought will also help players recruit others to expand our numbers. This noted, the counter for this, if the owners and programmers wish to stop the server at a certain level, it can be done simply by making the goals unmanagable for current population and slowly increase the difficulty of the mobs and quests required as population grows. Most of the players would never know. (smiles sadistically).

And, on a final note... I know I ramble and spit out way too much info all at once but it will give y'all somethin to consider I hope.

Look forward to gaming with everyone!