Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hardware Donations (/forums/showthread.php?t=402101)

AenorVZ 05-06-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake2 (Post 3454372)
There were some people offering large donations for a new red server.

At some point in time I was prepared to throw in 2000$. Heartbrand and others made similar promises. Seems even a meagre 5k in donations would go a long way covering new hardware, but that opportunity was squandered.

Good luck anyway.

Given how scummy Heartbrand is, I'm not surprised they turned you down. Thanks for nothing. You haven't brought us any closer to teams.

derpcake2 05-06-2022 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AenorVZ (Post 3456263)
Given how scummy Heartbrand is, I'm not surprised they turned you down. Thanks for nothing. You haven't brought us any closer to teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disease (Post 3454382)
Ohh shucks, 2k!?!? Guess you guys got turned away and now found somewhere else that wants your money?

These kind of posters are why there needs to be asked for donations.

Strong opinion, highly active, zero donations.

AenorVZ 05-06-2022 09:54 AM

I have donated. I was wondering how stupid you have to be to make a "tough shit you didn't take my cash when it was offered" post in a thread in which the server admin specifically asked for hardware. Thanks for answering my question.

Disease 05-06-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake2 (Post 3456270)
These kind of posters are why there needs to be asked for donations.

Strong opinion, highly active, zero donations.

Have donated thousands the last 3 threes. Have ran server wide give aways on green. Have personally power leveled groups of people for free. The list goes on. Don't question my credentials lady.

Gustoo 05-07-2022 12:38 AM

Can confirm Disease has both a big mouth and a big heart he loves this damn game.

We all get antsy looking for news

Derpcake is also right. Lets get something going theres hundreds of players that liked red enough to get to level 60 and spend countless hours camping gear who are waiting in the alleyways to play pvp 2.0 and the staff leaves it dark.

A post like "realistically, not in 2022" would let us know to fuck off for the rest of the year or play one of the existing servers.

Smedy 05-07-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake2 (Post 3454372)
There were some people offering large donations for a new red server.

At some point in time I was prepared to throw in 2000$. Heartbrand and others made similar promises. Seems even a meagre 5k in donations would go a long way covering new hardware, but that opportunity was squandered.

Good luck anyway.

I was willing to put up 5000$ paypal towards the project if hb did the same a few years ago but never got a reply, now we're upon tough times, would be willing to put up 2000$ paypal towards the project if they would guarantee a freshly wiped red99 within reasonable time from donation, preferably without any rules because if gms cant enforce the ruleset 100% of the time its better to not have any at all and let the community just develop strategies to deal with training instead

derpcake2 05-07-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AenorVZ (Post 3456335)
I have donated. I was wondering how stupid you have to be to make a "tough shit you didn't take my cash when it was offered" post in a thread in which the server admin specifically asked for hardware. Thanks for answering my question.

Sorry, for a moment I forgot that money doesn't buy hardware, I even thought being able to buy hardware which you pick yourself is beats random 2nd hand stuff.

You are a fucking idiot. I hope lots of donations come in so people like you are kept off the street and out of society.

derpcake2 05-07-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedy (Post 3456743)
I was willing to put up 5000$ paypal towards the project if hb did the same a few years ago but never got a reply, now we're upon tough times, would be willing to put up 2000$ paypal towards the project if they would guarantee a freshly wiped red99 within reasonable time from donation, preferably without any rules because if gms cant enforce the ruleset 100% of the time its better to not have any at all and let the community just develop strategies to deal with training instead

Yea I remember that. So much stuff has (not) happened since I doubt I'd ever come back though.

Zoolander 05-07-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedy (Post 3456743)

this would result in a macroquest-infested red shithole.

AenorVZ 05-07-2022 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake2 (Post 3456757)
Sorry, for a moment I forgot that money doesn't buy hardware, I even thought being able to buy hardware which you pick yourself is beats random 2nd hand stuff.

You are a fucking idiot. I hope lots of donations come in so people like you are kept off the street and out of society.

If you had one iota of reading comprehension you would realize that op indicated staff already has thousands of dollars on hand and hand selecting new hardware is an option that is already on the table.