Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Soul defiler vs 2h (/forums/showthread.php?t=411443)

nordbear 11-27-2022 06:39 AM

Soul defiler vs 2h

Hey! Anyone knows how good a soul defiler would hold up against the ToV/Tunare 2Hs when it comes to dps? Tunare and vulak ones have a little better ratio but not sure how much the higher dmg bonus (due to faster swings) the soul defiler has would impact it. Apart from tunare/vulak the other options have very similar ratio and given that some of them are piercing with a lower skill they might even be worse?

Ripqozko 11-27-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordbear (Post 3538135)
Hey! Anyone knows how good a soul defiler would hold up against the ToV/Tunare 2Hs when it comes to dps? Tunare and vulak ones have a little better ratio but not sure how much the higher dmg bonus (due to faster swings) the soul defiler has would impact it. Apart from tunare/vulak the other options have very similar ratio and given that some of them are piercing with a lower skill they might even be worse?

Soul defiler is amazing, but 2h is superior in everything non heavy tanking or high ac. On my pally I have vyemm hammer and I rarely use it cause even primal parses better let alone my gozz shovel.

Toxigen 11-27-2022 09:01 PM

Yeah, unfortunately it just doesn’t come close to 2 hand.

nordbear 11-28-2022 02:13 AM

Good to know, thx a lot of the responses!

Keebz 11-28-2022 03:59 AM

I randomly used it the other day over Palladius on AoW. I suspect it might be better for high AC raid mobs that don't AoE, but I'm virtually always on a monk/rogue/cleric for those. It's basically just for the proc, and people don't like you running around as a skeleton on raids, so therefore soloing.

Ripqozko 11-28-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebz (Post 3538347)
I randomly used it the other day over Palladius on AoW. I suspect it might be better for high AC raid mobs that don't AoE, but I'm virtually always on a monk/rogue/cleric for those. It's basically just for the proc, and people don't like you running around as a skeleton on raids, so therefore soloing.

Yea high ac and tanking 1h will win, otherwise 2h is superior always.

PabloEdvardo 11-29-2022 07:39 PM

soul defiler is all about the proc

Renault 11-30-2022 07:43 PM

A related question, following the knights 2h table buff and the crazy itemization of TOV/Tunare 2hers: How much more damage to rangers really do than knights at this point?

Ripqozko 11-30-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renault (Post 3539218)
A related question, following the knights 2h table buff and the crazy itemization of TOV/Tunare 2hers: How much more damage to rangers really do than knights at this point?

Not much, still do bit more tho with my cek 2h on ranger vs gozz shovel on pal but rangers still can disc with bfg to do rogue type dmg.

nordbear 12-02-2022 07:41 AM

Follow up question: Do you think a Narandi's lance would out-dps the soul defiler? I'm currently lvl 58 and mostly fear kiting. Only have a reaver and sky sword for 2h atm and the reaver doesn't work where I'm fighting.