Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Is there any RP community on these servers? (/forums/showthread.php?t=405773)

SliMesi 07-20-2022 09:18 AM

Is there any RP community on these servers?

Pretty much subject. It's not a necessity for me and I'm aware it's not the intent behind the servers, but I figured it'd be foolish to not even at least ask if there was even small sub-groups/communities. I haven't played EQ since LDoN and I randomly decided to give P99 a shot and here I am.

Fammaden 07-20-2022 02:08 PM

No.

loramin 07-20-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 3482975)
No.

Basically this, but it's worth noting that some individuals do RP, and there have been minor RP-themed guilds over the years (mainly on Blue IIRC).

Mazoku 07-20-2022 02:53 PM

Sadly no, you will just find random people who roleplay. Basically your best bet is to just flesh out a character and then stick with it until everyone accepts that's how you play. Now that doesn't give a license to harass people but you can compliment others in a flattering way and still have it be roleplay and appropriate.

Jibartik 07-20-2022 07:08 PM

Offtopic.

Saaxir Asimatenya 07-20-2022 07:23 PM

There used to be an Erudite roleplay guild.

VesperVapes 07-20-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazoku (Post 3482993)
Sadly no, you will just find random people who roleplay. Basically your best bet is to just flesh out a character and then stick with it until everyone accepts that's how you play. Now that doesn't give a license to harass people but you can compliment others in a flattering way and still have it be roleplay and appropriate.

ive only ever seen trolls and ogres roleplaying, and once a human druid

Arakash 07-20-2022 10:57 PM

I've mostly played followers of Bertoxxulous. A couple of times I've encountered some pretty odd yet, I suppose, roleplayish stuff. Mostly in the realm of a pain is pleasure sort of discussion. I never expected it. I just liked Bertoxxulous because of the whole idea of a schnabel von rom sort of thing. And since I never read nor watched 37 shades of grey (gray?) I sat there for a moment, blinked and gated out each time. Now I follow Tunare and I wrap myself in the vulva of life.

Fammaden 07-21-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VesperVapes (Post 3483120)
ive only ever seen trolls and ogres roleplaying, and once a human druid

Most of the so called roleplaying the troll/ogre players tend to do amounts to baby talk/doggo speak shit too. Its like some least common denominator uncreative crap, misspell a few words and force bad grammar and suddenly you're "roleplaying". The NPC's for those races in game have far better flavor text, but the average player just goes "me eat gnome" and shit, with zero actual character motivation or development.

Tethler 07-21-2022 10:49 PM

Thankfully, no.

All it ever is, is fat races talking like they're 3, or dwarves pounding back short beers and drunk fighting. Not really missing much.