Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Green starting areas (/forums/showthread.php?t=334481)

Diogene 09-23-2019 07:24 AM

Green starting areas

And if the soon to be «*green server*» happens to hit 2k+ at launch, we’ll see crowded starting areas and we’ll be forced to wait in line for spawns at least for a few weeks. The smart way to do this ? Hmmm, crowded kinda means every single starting zones would be mobless anyway and everyone fighting for fractions of xp. So if you were to start green on a crowded server, what would be the smartest area to land lol ? think Qeynos might be the wise choice, newbie zone being quite large, blackburrow, sewers and city catacombs, western karanas, then east and north plains of karana could sustain a fair amount of players, but I can be totally wrong. Im used to think EQ is extremly unbalanced by design, and so are the zones. Well, we’ll see but I cant see myself in gfay or nektulos for some reason, not to talk about Odus.... Also kinda wish this green server could dictate a new commerce hub location, so we wont have to experience that same old east antonica thing again...

Dolalin 09-23-2019 07:30 AM

Look at which races and classes get the massive xp penalties. Their newbie zones will be deserted. Go there if you can.

Chortles Snort|eS 09-23-2019 07:55 AM

DIS IS MY SWAMP

Thrombosis 09-23-2019 08:26 AM

Butcherblock is the best starting area imo, it's big and the newbie mobs are spread out across the whole zone, so difficult for one group of players to monopolise. Nek Forest/West Freeport/East Commonlands will be the pits.

Nagoya 09-23-2019 08:28 AM

The worst is probably going to be Faydwer in general.
The "best" is probably going to be Lulz's Swamp.
Actually, Innothule and Feerrott is usually bad on Blue, but if you are 30 in zone suddenly you can group here and there and it becomes not so bad.
Qeynos hills and blackburrow will be fun but super crowded, every gnoll will drop dead within 2 sec and gnoll fangs will be looted in alpha order within full groups...
Obviously Toxxulia and Nektulos will suck.

But I think the excitation/hype of a brand new server will be fun no matter what. EQ is the journey, not the destination, and it will be cool to compete on a staff-holding decaying skeleton FTE for that sweet Cracked Staff lol.

I think I will start in Everfrost personnally. And it will suck, but it's okay /o/

Fammaden 09-23-2019 08:47 AM

I thought there had been mention of dynamic spawn timers in newbie yards to adjust to overcrowding, but don't think it was mentioned in the announcement.

Shrubwise 09-23-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS (Post 2966087)
DIS IS MY SWAMP

Cen 09-23-2019 09:31 AM

I'm going to murder the aquaducts, rip the teeth from mice, get bonus HP and become the king of the alligators. All you crushbone losers stay out of my tunnels or ill send beggar fanatics your way

BlackBellamy 09-23-2019 09:45 AM

The newbie log in Nek can handle 600-700 no prob.

aaezil 09-23-2019 09:56 AM

What are you doing in my swamp? ? ? ?