Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   <Brexit> (/forums/showthread.php?t=332181)

Viscere 08-19-2019 03:43 PM

<Brexit>

just curious

Dugface 08-19-2019 03:45 PM

New (non) euro raiding guild led by Rezzmon?

Littul Jonn 08-19-2019 03:57 PM

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

rezzie 08-19-2019 04:05 PM

Britain never been stronger!

ahem

Swish2 08-19-2019 07:25 PM

We'll probably eventually get invaded by the forming EU Army that most EU nations want to stop but aren't allowed to.

zwitterion 08-19-2019 09:34 PM

UK joins USA

The UK will join the US voluntarily as 4 or 5 new states.

...not sure if this img link will work
https://farkuserimg-850.sfo2.digital...MAkptpYm36I%3D

Cecily 08-20-2019 02:21 AM

Make America Great Britain again.

Wonkie 08-20-2019 06:47 PM

global financial collapse :)

Domo 08-21-2019 05:37 PM

My english sucks, so I will try to make it short.

My forecast;

- There will be a "hard Brexit"
- Both, UK & EU lose a lot of money on this (UK most likely a bit more)
- The releationchip between Irland and Northen Irland will get worse and a new border between both countrys will be build.
- Scottland will start a referendum to leave the UK and join the EU
- Boris Johnson will start a "together we are stronger" campaign in hope that Scottland will stay in the UK (and fail)
- Scottland leaves the UK and the UK gets a new flag (without the Scottish blue)

I am not an expert, but its really possible that this shit will happen in the next 1-3 years.

Kind of sad.

Jimjam 08-22-2019 01:07 AM

Oh global recession is starting to happen anyway

As Bloomberg summed things up:

Quote:

China reported the weakest growth in industrial output since 2002. Germany’s economy shrank as exports slumped, and euro-area production plunged the most in more than three years as the overall expansion cooled.
and

Quote:

In response to Wednesday’s buffet of bad news, the alarm got a bit louder. Yields on 10-year Treasuries fell below those on two-year Treasuries, which basically means that the yield curve is now, officially, extra super-duper uber-inverted.
I believe Germany is recently one month away from recession.

I don't think people of the UK seem to care; the country has been out of recession for years but the workers don't see the benefit of it, still working extra hours. One person fills what previously was the roles of several (and at lower wage), continued government austerity to repay the bank bail out and so on.

All returns to and increases in profit have gone to investors. The recovery of the last recession has almost no trickle down and any increases to employment are through zero hour contracts where staff can't be guaranteed reliable work from week to week. Such variable hours of employment really screws up the ease of claiming work related government benefits.

So yea, we're approaching a new recession, globally.